Posting date: April 11, 2013
Responsible for maintaining assigned equipment clean and in good working order. Expected to keep all work areas clean and orderly. Will be expected to perform all job functions in a safe and responsible manner. Required to perform incidental duties relating to this job classification. Responsible for inventory accuracy. Expected to do all possible to minimize downtime and material losses.
- Directs, stages and places all material in or outside the building.
- Uses proper material handling equipment to perform required tasks.
- Picks, prepares, packages, documents, labels and ships all material according to prescribed regulations using proper dispatching equipment.
- Originates short sheets forms.
- Unloads, verifies, sorts, separates, locates and properly documents (filing) all material.
Responsible for all transactions controls (computerized as future improvements develop). Removes and disposes of refuse, keeps outside passageway clear and clean, provides supplies and minor maintenance/janitorial services.
Will perform all other duties as may apply to the existing job description.
Listed below are the requirements for the position:
- Possession of HS Diploma or GED
- Previous warehouse experience preferred, but not required
- Must be able to lift 40lbs and be able to work alternately in a seated or standing position, basic mechanical aptitude with ability to work with hand tools and gauges and effective verbal and written communication skills including detail orientation and accuracy in documentation.
- Knowledge of safety standards is desirable
- Must be able to pass a drug test and background check
- Must be comfortable working in an environment with hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals
- Must be able to read and understand the English language
Thermo Fisher Scientific - 12 months ago
Whether for research, analysis, discovery, or diagnostics, Thermo Fisher Scientific gets the laboratory ready to assist mankind. Created...