Navistar International Corporation is a leading North American truck manufacturer with great products, strong market positions and best-in-class distribution. For 175 years we have had a 100% commitment to doing what it takes to satisfy our customers, and our commitment today is as strong as ever. We are rededicated to strengthening our core businesses. Our recent investments and product launches position us for success. It all starts with a comprehensive approach and a team effort from our employees. So we’re looking for exceptionally talented and results-oriented individuals to join us and deliver on our promises to our customers, dealers, employees and shareholders.
The Warranty Information Analyst will have the following responsibilities:
- Prepare recurring warranty analysis, monitoring, and new-issue detection for Navistar products.
- Support Finance and warranty accruals with data analysis as needed
- Develop new methods of analysis and support adoption of advanced analytical techniques throughout the company.
- Project warranty issue failure rates and cost impacts.
- Actively support the development of new custom-built data systems aimed at informational support of warranty analysis and reduction of the time and cost of doing business.
- Maintain databases of supporting information for reliability analysis to include: warranty claim information (from external vehicle manufacturers and internal Navistar data), failure modes, Telematics data, product improvements, service dealers, vehicle production and sales date, engine field shipments data, and parts/components.
- Support maintenance of custom warranty analysis software; includes troubleshooting data issues, updating information tables, and checking validity of system data.
Position Purpose and Requirements:
Uses advanced mathematical and statistical concepts and theories to analyze and collect data and construct solutions to business problems. Performs complex statistical analysis on experimental or business data to validate and quantify trends or patterns identified by business analysts. Constructs predictive models, algorithms and probability engines to support data analysis or product functions; verifies model and algorithm effectiveness based on real-world results. Designs experiments and methodologies to generate and collect data for business use. Majority of time spent on performing technically based activities. Beginning to contribute to and manage projects. Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills. Builds knowledge of the organization, processes and customers. Solves a range of straightforward problems. Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures. Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction.
- Bachelor’s degree OR at least 4 years of experience using advanced mathematical and statistical concepts to construct solutions to business problems
- At least 2 years of experience using advanced mathematical and statistical concepts to construct solutions to business problems
- Qualified candidates, excluding current Navistar employees, must be legally authorized on an unrestricted basis (US Citizen, Legal Permanent Resident, Refugee or Asylee) to be employed in the United States. Navistar does not anticipate providing employment related work sponsorship for this position (e.g., H-1B status)
- Ability to travel (about 5%)
- Positive Attitude, Ethics and International Values which support our company’s values, and a healthy, high performance culture.
- Structured Query Language (SQL)
- .NET programming (Visual Basic/C#/F#) a plus
- Excel analysis skills required
- R statistics experience a plus
- Tableau Software
- Predictive analytics experience
- General data analysis skills desired. Ability to learn these skills is required.
Visit us at www.Navistar.com to discover more about our organization.
- Ethics and Navistar Values
- Positive Attitude
- Decision quality
- Drive for results
- Customer focus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Future Rides On Us
Navistar, Inc. - 30+ days ago
copy to clipboard -
Navistar, Inc., a primary operating subsidiary of Navistar International, manufactures medium- and heavy-duty trucks bearing the...