The person in this position will provide technical skills in the construction, installation, operation, testing and maintenance of electrical control equipment, computer systems and related equipment at Hampton Lumber Mills Warrenton Division.
This person will be expected to comply with safety guidelines, policies and procedures of the company. Responsibilities include:
1. Performs diagnostic testing, calibration and problem corrections.
2. Restoration of electrical equipment to proper working order in a timely fashion.
3. Corrects any electrical safety problem or potential safety problem.
4. Ability to install, troubleshoot and maintain lighting systems, electric solenoid valves and pumps, electrical sensors and mounts as well as electric motors, controllers, and switch gears.
5. Stays current with national electrical code standards and other associated regulatory guidelines.
6. Participates in the calibration, installation, maintenance and repair of electronic and computerized equipment.
7. Performs preventive and corrective maintenance tasks for electrical and electronic equipment as scheduled by the maintenance planner.
8. Works cooperatively and jointly with mill maintenance staff to provide quality seamless customer service for all production departments electrical needs.
9. Changes wiring diagrams, and layout drawings for systems or equipment changed in the completion of job duties.
10. Works with maintenance staff to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, and streamline work processes as prescribed by the maintenance management team.
11. Responsible for backing up and documenting all machine center programs and changes made to them.
12. Participates and/or assists with the training of electricians to better familiarize them with the more technical aspects of the facility.
13. Prepares reports and functional descriptions to allow others to follow the changes being made on all machine centers on a daily basis.
14. Takes an active role in the predictive maintenance program to support prompt resolution of problems that have been identified by anyone.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Expected to be familiar with the hardware and the process programs of the PLC and HMI systems which control the machines and to be able to modify or enhance these systems or to develop new systems – this includes vendor supplied and Company supplied systems. Also expected to be familiar with the hardware and the software systems of the lumber recovery optimization computers, scanners, and setworks and motion control systems as well as the operational features of the systems in order to insure that the Company is operating as efficiently as possible. Technicians will assist with installation and start-up of vendor supplied and internally supplied new systems or system upgrades. They will also assist the mill operations QA personnel regarding tuning and measuring performance.
These examples are not meant to be inclusive and management reserves the right to change, add or delete in order to meet the needs of the operation and crew.
Mill experience preferred or equivalent work experience. Knowledge of national electrical code standards and other associated regulatory guidelines.
You may also submit resumes and cover letters directly to: email@example.com
The Electrician must have a Manufacturing Plant Journeyman License or be qualified to test for Plant Journeyman License.
$30.60 per hour + shift differential- Relocation expenses may be covered.