Manage and lead the work and the staff of the Registration/Student Records area, Financial Aid area, and Warrior Hub Front Desk. Exercise direct and/or indirect supervision of approximately 30 professional (non-classified) employees, classified employees and part time student employees. Make final decisions regarding work assignments. Develop and maintain office policies and procedures and manage the departmental operating budgets. Monitor expenditures within student financial aid programs and manage reconciliation with funding entities.
• Advise the University community on system and institutional academic and financial aid standards and policies. Serve or delegate service on appropriate University and System committees, task forces and other entities as needed. Convene and record the activities of the Tuition Refund Appeals Committee.
• Oversee and delegate web class scheduling, class registration and the collection and publication of pertinent materials. Certify candidates for licensure and completion of pre-approved degree programs. Oversee and delegate the implementation of commencement exercises.
• Oversee the evaluation of transcript records for transferability of credit. Identify and approve course equivalencies in accordance with established MnSCU and WSU guidelines.
• Submit applications and prepare accurate and timely reporting to federal, state, private and institutional entities as needed.
• Lead strategic planning, assessment and evaluation efforts for purpose of continual improvement.
• Oversee academic recordkeeping and maintain appropriate data security measures. Keep abreast of and provide interpretation and enforcement of privacy law requirements. Facilitate access to student-related data for employees with a legitimate educational interest.
• Engage in other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Enrollment Services.
• Master's Degree
• 5 years of experience providing student enrollment services (student records, student registration, and/or student financial aid) in a higher education setting, including supervisory experience.
• Demonstrated leadership ability
• Effective interpersonal, organizational, and oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated managerial success with a customer focus
• Extensive understanding of and experience with computerized and on-line database management and reporting systems
• Ability to develop and enhance records, scheduling, and registration systems and processes
• Ability to collaborate with others in a complex service-oriented environment.
• Knowledge of American higher education systems, practices, and institutions
• Ability to do meticulous work
• Ability to uphold academic requirements, standards, and deadlines
• Ability to manage a service-oriented department
• Skill in record maintenance and other common office function
• Demonstrated knowledge of and interest in diverse cultures and populations.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled; Review of applications begins 9/13/2014.
APPLICATION INFORMATION: Please submit the following materials in addition to the online application: 1) A cover letter addressing how you meet the responsibilities and qualifications in the order listed above; 2) Resume; 3) Transcripts (undergraduate and graduate); and 4) a list of at least 3 references, with addresses and telephone numbers. *Persons writing letters of reference should be advised of Minnesota's open record law which can make such letters available to applicants upon request.
APPLY DIRECTLY ONLINE AT: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/winona/default.cfm
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business, whether using a personal, rental or state vehicle, shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
A member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.
An equal opportunity educator and employer.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Winona State University - 30+ days ago