Title: Waste Water Technician
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Oversees plant wastewater pre-treatment facility and associated equipment in accordance with written SOP’s and standards. Operates and maintains equipment of facility while ensuring the plant stays within compliance standards. Maintains documentation related to wastewater operation, maintenance and daily logs.
• Ability to start up, operate and shut down facility and associated equipment.
• Test, adjust or modify chemical additions (polymers. acid, caustic, etc) to maintain compliance and optimum equipment performance.
• Gather data and report daily, weekly or monthly KPI’s
• Perform equipment maintenance to include preventive, predictive, and corrective.
• Interact and coordinate activities with outside vendors for the purpose of sample collections, solid waste disposal and other activities as assigned.
• Attend department meetings as required
• Responsible for proper care/cleaning of tools, parts, materials and work area.
• Responsible for upkeep of associated wastewater equipment areas.
• Other utility and facility duties as assigned.
This position is not supervisory in nature
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Strong mechanical, electrical, troubleshooting and design skills
• Self directed with strong organizational, prioritization, and decision making skills
• Ability to read and/or interpret blueprints or schematics
• Teamwork, creativity, and problem analysis skills
• Solid written and verbal communication skills
• Advanced math skills: analysis, statistics, significant data or number manipulation
• Basic computer skills including basic programming and setting up system defaults
• Continuous standing, walking, handling, reaching, feeling, and hearing
• Frequent bending, kneeling, climbing and the use of repetitive motions of hands/wrists
• Ability to lift and/or carrying up to 50 pounds frequently.
The position requires a high school degree or equivalent with some higher education or vocational training specializing in maintenance preferred. Two to four years of practical experience in utility/wastewater treatment maintenance field.
Work is normally performed in a production environment. The position is subject to long hours, shift work, substantial overtime, extensive close work, heavy lifting, the use of and exposure to hazardous materials, exposure to high pressure steam, high voltage and constant standing. The noise level is usually moderate to loud.
If interested, please apply directly to: htpp: //www.pacificfoods.com/get-to-know-us/careers
Pacific Foods of Oregon
- 24 months ago - save job