American Resource Staffing is currently seeking a Continuous Improvement Manager for their client in the Greater Boston area. The Continuous Improvement Manager will facilitate business teams and will be responsible for coordinating Process Improvement (CI) initiatives across the manufacturing plant through the Management Operating Structure (MOS). This person will also participate jointly with other CI Managers in corporate process improvement events at various manufacturing plants. He/she is responsible for leveraging processes and executing process overhaul and/or upgrade programs for the organization at the local level. In addition, the Plant Continuous Improvement Manager will take responsibility for coaching, functional training, communications, base lining, and identifying and transferring best practices externally and internally. |
- Acts as an internal consultant for location to lead, define, and develop continuous improvement activities designed to drive results.
- Coaches and champions functions to identify and implement opportunities to improve program and process effectiveness.
- Plans and coordinates training with others who will support the Process Improvement initiatives.
- Collaborates with HR and Learning and Development Resources for training needs; supports implementation and ongoing training related to leadership development.
- Leads problem-solving efforts to improve quality and eliminate waste/cost of poor performance at the local level.
- Applies analysis to improve process capability.
- Designs, drives, and performs operational analysis of business processes. Drives and tracks these projects to successful completion.
- Documents and institutionalizes using controls and scorecards to ensure lasting project benefits. Identifies and leverages best practices across the organization.
- Identifies key elements of process improvement and partners with process owners to deliver sustainable and repeatable change. Develops and prepares metrics and related reports.
- Conducts regular and periodic audits of the Management Operating Structure.
- Facilitates the development of action plans to variances as identified through the audit process.
- Provides technical direction/guidance to personnel as required.
- Functions as facility Process Improvement champion regarding tasks, projects, and operations.
- Networks and shares best practice with other locations.
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and delegating.
- If there are direct reports, provides for the management of employees to ensure effective selection, retention, development, disciplinary action and performance management. If a collective bargaining agreement exists, may participate in negotiations, grievances or other contract related activities and discussions.
- Bachelors Degree and 2 years plant manufacturing or process improvement experience
- Black Belt Required
- Experience leading and following Safety/Security Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to follow all Sanitation and Quality Policies and Procedures, and report and follow through on any deficiencies.
- Process Improvement skills required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Skill in organization, prioritization, and attention to detail.
- Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
- Ability to select, coach, develop, engage, and retain a team of employees.
CareerBuilder - 19 months ago