General duties and responsibilities:
- Assist disassembling and reassembling quartz movements and watches and identify repair problems
- Repair basic watches & movements under the close supervision of the Watchmaker
- Assist controlling production output (examining for such items as scratches, defects, lint or dust on dials, proper strap assembly….)
- Learn repair and quality control best practices and implement them as directed
- Assist troubleshooting production problems
- Work closely with Watchmaker over movement and watch assembly
- Assist assembling sample watches for new series launched in production, as directed by the Senior Watchmaker.
- Assist generating report defects in movement parts and watch components
- Other responsibilities will be assigned.
Special notes about the job:
- All operators are required to wear a smock, a cap and antistatic shoes, which will be provided by the company.
- Other than MP3 players and wedding rings, no other metal will be allowed in the assembly area (e.g. mobile phones, etc.).
- Operators have to go through a metal detector to go in and out of the secure area.
- Inspirational and motivational leader
- Team-oriented to fit in a collaborative environment
- Appreciative of diversity in a working environment
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Watchmaking certification or related studies preferred.
- Best eyes in the industry. 20 / 20 vision or corrected 20/20 vision. Have the ability to see details at close range.
- Candidates must have experience with quartz watches. It would be considered a plus if those candidates also have experience and knowledge of mechanical watches.
- Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 2 years of related experience.
- CW21 certification preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiar with AQL and quality assurance preferred
- Passing a dexterity test or similar will be required.
- Exceptional attention to detail. Able to notice tiny defects: scratches, spots, rust, lint, hair, tarnished metal, dents, deformations, marks on pieces the size of a quarter or smaller.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, particularly with Word and Excel.
- Experience in the watch industry or inspecting small components and/or parts is highly desired.
- Have own transportation to arrive to work on time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Vision: 20 / 20 vision or corrected 20/20 vision. Excellent eye/hand coordination.
- No long/artificial nails. Hands must be clean and neat before entering the work area.
- Sitting for long periods of time (almost the entire) .
- Must have the ability to move hands and arms together to grasp, manipulate, or assemble small objects.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The position requires the employee to interact with lots of people in a light industrial manufacturing area.
- VERY IMPORTANT: The noise level in the work environment should be very low and quiet, so that employees can maintain focus.
- The plant shall remain dust-free at all times so proper attire will be provided by the company and shall be used at all times.
Note : Shinola is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Shinola - 5 months ago
Shinola is a dynamic and fast-moving startup, but with the resources of a well-established corporation. Because we’re a growing and...