Garver’s water business line in Austin, Texas, seeks a Water Business Team Leader who will have the lead responsibility for project portfolio management and execution of the planning, design, construction, and startup phases of projects that implement water and wastewater treatment plants, including conventional and advanced process trains. Core responsibilities in this role would be to:
- Develop and implement a business plan to secure a water portfolio in the Central Texas Region
- Recruit, develop, mentor, and oversee a highly motivated team
- Develop, capture, and maintain sufficient workload for the team
- Provide first-class client service management
- Be accountable for business development and portfolio growth of municipal clients
Qualified candidates must have the following capabilities and the ability to perform the following routine functions:
- Must be technically competent in all aspects of water and wastewater process engineering including advanced and conventional water/wastewater treatment facilities.
- Must develop and manage scope, budget, and schedules for a team of multi-disciplined (civil, process, structural, mechanical, electrical, and I&C) project engineers, design engineers, and CAD Technicians in the development of engineering reports and detailed construction plans and specifications for water and wastewater treatment plant projects.
- Must prepare/manage project budgets including the development of detailed project instructions, scope of work, level of effort, and associated man-hour estimates.
- Must develop written engineering service contract scope and fee proposals.
- Must keep accurate and up-to-date project accounting on all assigned projects.
- Must conduct written and oral project reporting for clients. Reporting shall include project design status, upcoming milestones, project accounting, percent completes, progress reports, etc.
- Must prepare and execute Quality Assurance and Quality Control Plans for water and wastewater treatment projects.
- Must build, mentor, and maintain a motivated and diverse team.
- Must lead internal and external project workshops.
- Must perform a variety of public speaking activities including addressing client boards, councils, commissions, and governing bodies, as well as the ability to make technical presentations at professional trade shows and conferences.
- Must be able to assist with the development of marketing proposals and presentations, as well as represent the firm in developing prospective clients.
Candidates must have a strong understanding of the most current regulations associated with the Safe Drinking Water Act and Clean Water Act. Candidates must have strong communication skills as required to manage project teams and maintain client relationships. Candidates must be proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Outlook. A working knowledge of project scheduling and workload leveling software tools is required. A broad understanding of project and team performance metrics such as profit, margin, loss, utilization, overhead, burden, direct and indirect expenses, and labor multipliers is required.
- Must hold a Bachelor's degree in civil or environmental engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Candidates must be a Registered Professional Engineer (PE)
- Candidates must have been an active member of AWWA and WEF for 5 or more years
- Candidates must have 10 or more years of similar technical experience with no less than 3 years experience in project/team leadership
- Master’s degree in civil or environmental engineering
Garver - 15 months ago
Garver is a multi-disciplined engineering, planning, and environmental services firm committed to quality practices, progressive methods,...