Talisman Energy Inc. is a global upstream oil and gas company, headquartered in Canada. Talisman has three main operating areas: the Americas (North America and Colombia), Southeast Asia and the North Sea, with an active exploration program across all three. Talisman is committed to conducting business safely, in a socially and environmentally responsible manner, and is included in the Dow Jones Sustainability (North America) Index. Talisman is listed on the Toronto and New York stock exchanges under the symbol TLM. Please visit our website at www.talisman-energy.com .
Title: Water Management Engineer
Req Id: 17701
Location: The Woodlands, United States
Employment Type: Permanent
Overview and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Manager, Completions, the Water Engineer will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Eagle Ford Delivery Unit in delivering the Eagle Ford water strategy for the development program; this includes water sourcing, distribution, transportation and storage, treatment and recycling, and disposal.
- Economic analysis of various water projects, including water infrastructure, water source and disposal wells, and water treatment opportunities
- Providing engineering design on the construction of impoundments, water pipelines and the drilling of water wells
- Developing water demand and consumption profiles based on drilling rig count and completion scheduling
- Integrating with production operations on managing produced water and disposal well options
- Evaluating application of new and existing technologies for use in treatment and recycling of flow back water and produced water
- Ensuring the short term water supply for drilling rigs, construction and stimulation work
- Longer term optimization planning with various functional groups, including Completions, Production Operations, and Facilities & Construction
- Ensuring compliance with all Texas water regulations including withdrawal rates, testing, disposal and reporting
- 40% of time will be spent travelling to the field in Three Rivers, TX. 60% will be in the office in The Woodlands
- 2-5 years experience in engineering with a preferred background in production or completions
- Knowledge of upstream oil and gas operations is preferred
- Permitting experience is preferred
- Knowledge of physical transfer of water across distances is preferred
- Outgoing individual with excellent networking and communication skills
- Very strong organizational skills with the ability to handle a fast paced working environment
- Proven project management skills
- Self Starter with a team player attitude
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Results oriented problem solver
Only candidates who are legally permitted to work in the US will be considered.
Relocation will be provided for the successful candidates if required.
This position is eligible for a referral bonus.
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process.