Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent international energy company engaged in exploration and production, oil sands mining and integrated gas. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has a strong portfolio of assets delivering defined growth leveraged to crude oil production with exploration upside. At the end of 2011, Marathon Oil had net proved reserves of more than 1.8 billion barrels. The Company’s operations are located in the United States, Angola, Canada, Equatorial Guinea, Indonesia, Iraqi Kurdistan Region, Libya, Norway, Poland and the United Kingdom
The Water Management Specialist position is based in Marathon’s Houston office and reports directly to the Water Management Supervisor. The position requires a strong customer focus, a high degree of self direction & motivation, excellent verbal/written communication skills, organization and prioritization knowhow, computer proficiency, and the ability to work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment. Travel to field locations including San Antonio, Kenedy, Pleasanton and Gonzales will be required.
· Regularly update fracture water sourcing planner
· Track water well/pond infrastructure projects and monitor on-going team projects
· Accountable for the GWCD reporting/monitoring for water well consumption and water transfer amounts to frac jobs
· Assistance with basic infrastructure requirement analysis
· Analyze expenses and invoices for accuracy
· Responsible for reviewing water transfer spends and updating usage profiles
· Coordinate sampling activities and analyze well and pond sample results as compared to frac requirements
· Maintain water management files
· Pursue alternate water sourcing options and insure water use contracts are executed and landowners are paid
· Develop and implement basic reporting templates
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience: Two or more years in the oil & gas industry
Computer Skills: Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office products
Experience and proficiency with TOW
General Knowledge: Knowledge of the Oil and Gas industry is preferred
Time Management: Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks at one time is required
Communication: Must possess excellent communication, teamwork, planning, and organizing skills
Apply for this job:
- Apply for this job online
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
- Email this opportunity to a friend
Based in Houston, Texas, Marathon Oil is an independent exploration and production (E&P) with activity in North America, Europe and...