The Water Park Head Lifeguard will oversee the daily operation of the Water Park by ensuring daily staffing is meeting our high standards of guest service, safety and cleanliness. He/She will explain and enforce LEGOLAND Water Park policies and procedures; assist water park guests in distress or in danger of drowning. This position will administer first aid and CPR as needed, maintain records, and perform other duties as assigned.
1. Must be 18 years or older.
2. Have a current American Red Cross Life Guard Instructor (LGI) Certification or above.
3. Have a current Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and certifications.
4. Current First Aid certification
5. Must be able to pass written and practical skills exam prior to duty
6. Must have visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents, and the physical ability to act swiftly in emergency situations
• Responsible for ensuring all company policies and procedures are adhered to by the team and customers.
• To ensure a safe working environment at all times for both internal and external guests.
• Ensure water park facilities and equipment are utilised and maintained by the team.
• Ensure all health and safety procedures are implicated and managed correctly.
• Ensure product knowledge is retained/updated by the team and self.
• Ensure that the team are aware of sales opportunities within the resort
• Ensure the team/self understand the resort’s objectives and what part they can play to ensure success
• Ensure water park area and capacity is managed local, state, and federal regulations.
• Assist management with scheduling to ensure costs are managed efficiently
• Search for and promote ideas from the team to help manage costs effectively.
• Ensure staffing levels are adequate for the day-to-day operation of the building, rotations and breaks are run effectively throughout the day.
• To monitor and identify areas of training needed and ensure all employees have achieved minimum training as set down by the department’s procedure
• Medical support from team is appropriate for all guests
• To encourage employee morale and motivate by appropriate communication with team, management and guests
• Ensure the team/self takes pride in their dress & appearance
• Ensure the team/self demonstrate ownership of all employee facilities
LEGOLAND - 17 months ago
LEGOLAND California is a 128-acre family theme park dedicated to families with children between the ages of 2 and 12. Just like with LEGO...