The Eugene Water & Electric Board (EWEB) is currently seeking a Water Pumping and Controls Supervisor. This position is responsible for planning, supervision, and coordination of daily work activities associated with the operation and maintenance of water system facilities. These facilities include: pump stations, reservoirs, transmission mains, valves, and the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition System. The successful candidate will also provide guidance and direction for the ongoing installation, operation, and maintenance of water telemetry and control systems while serving as a member of the Water Operations Management Team
Why This Job:
If you're interested in a position that will allow you to help shape the look, feel and work of the Water Operations Department, and you have the ability to provide leadership within a dynamic team environment, then this may be the opportunity for you! This opportunity will allow the selected candidate to oversee and coordinate the work associated with the maintenance of EWEB's water system facilities including pump stations, reservoirs, SCADA telemetry and controls, valves, hydrants, and various other water infrastructure.
EWEB offers employees a unique working culture where public service is combined with development opportunities that support employee growth and enhance job performance. Our employees work in a relaxed environment where creativity, innovation, involvement, teamwork, and diversity are supported and encouraged. EWEB offers a comprehensive benefit package, including health care, vacation and sick leave, pension, holidays, tuition reimbursement, an on-site fitness center and child development center.
Minimum Training and Experience Required:
Requirements As A Qualification & Progression
- Experience: Minimum of seven years experience in planning, scheduling, of activities associated with construction and maintenance of utility infrastructure, including at least two years of supervisory experience. Supervisory experience must include selecting, training, scheduling, evaluating, motivating, coaching, and disciplining employees; planning, organizing and delegating work; and ensuring work is performed within resource constraints, to technical specifications. Five years of lead worker and project manager experience may substitute for the two years of supervisory experience, providing the lead worker experience includes the majority of the supervisory tasks listed.
- Education and/or training: Two years college level coursework in engineering, business or a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be qualifying.
- Oregon driver license: Yes
- Professional license or registration: As a minimum, candidates must have a State of Oregon, Oregon Health Division, Water Distribution Level III Certification or a confirmed equivalent from another State that will receive reciprocity in the State of Oregon. The selected candidate must also have the ability to obtain WD IV certification within one year of employment. Upon receiving the level four certification, responsibilities may include acting as Water System Direct Responsible charge on a rotation basis or as assigned.
- Post-offer criminal record check required: Yes
- Safety Sensitive Position: Yes
- Next step in normal progression: None
- Apprenticeship or other education/training required as a condition of employment, progression or advancement: As a minimum, candidates must have a State of Oregon, Oregon Health Division, Water Distribution Level III Certification or a confirmed equivalent from another State that will receive reciprocity in the State of Oregon. The selected candidate must also have the ability to obtain WD IV certification within one year of employment
- Supervisory responsibility : Yes # of employees: 14
- Physical activities (exertion, environmental conditions, risks, safety, etc.): Oversees construction and maintenance work performed in all weather conditions, with occasional exposure to safety hazards typically associated with job site activities and construction equipment.
- Work Schedule: 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week, or alternative work schedules as required. Shift: Monday-Friday, Days, Other: After-hours emergencies and on-call responsibilities. Supervisor on Call (SOC) during non-standard work hours. Must be available to respond to a call within 40 minutes of notification while assigned to SOC status. Additional hours as required.
- Equipment, tools, machines, motor vehicles, etc., operated on the job: Personal and laptop computers, hand tools, test equipment, power tools, operate pickup and service trucks.
- Type and frequency of personal contact required: (general public, organizations, EWEB Employees ): routine and frequent contact with employees, developers, customers, agency representatives, department supervisors, and technical personnel to manage issues associated with department functions.
- Supervised by: Water Operations Manager
- Supervision exercised over this position: General
- Titles directly supervised by this position: Water Management Technician, Pump & Reservoir Technician, Water Controls System Administrator, Water SCADA Technician/Trainee, Distribution Lead Utility Mechanic, Distribution Utility Mechanic.
Eugene Water & Electric Board - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -