Organization: The Eugene Water & Electric Board
Job Title: Water Pumping & Controls Supervisor
The Eugene Water & Electric Board (EWEB) is currently seeking a Water Pumping and Controls Supervisor. This position is responsible for planning, supervision, and coordination of daily work activities associated with the operation and maintenance of water system facilities. These facilities include: pump stations, reservoirs, transmission mains, valves, and the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition System. The successful candidate will also provide guidance and direction for the ongoing installation, operation, and maintenance of water telemetry and control systems while serving as a member of the Water Operations Management Team
Requirements As A Qualification & Progression
· Experience: Minimum of seven years experience in planning, scheduling, of activities associated with construction and maintenance of utility infrastructure, including at least two years of supervisory experience. Supervisory experience must include selecting, training, scheduling, evaluating, motivating, coaching, and disciplining employees; planning, organizing and delegating work; and ensuring work is performed within resource constraints, to technical specifications. Five years of lead worker and project manager experience may substitute for the two years of supervisory experience, providing the lead worker experience includes the majority of the supervisory tasks listed.
· Education and/or training: Two years college level coursework in engineering, business or a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be qualifying.
· Oregon driver license: Yes
· Professional license or registration: As a minimum, candidates must have a State of Oregon, Oregon Health Division, Water Distribution Level III Certification or a confirmed equivalent from another State that will receive reciprocity in the State of Oregon. The selected candidate must also have the ability to obtain WD IV certification within one year of employment. Upon receiving the level four certification, responsibilities may include acting as Water System Direct Responsible charge on a rotation basis or as assigned.
· Post-offer criminal record check required: Yes
· Safety Sensitive Position: Yes
· Next step in normal progression: None
· Apprenticeship or other education/training required as a condition of employment, progression or advancement: As a minimum, candidates must have a State of Oregon, Oregon Health Division, Water Distribution Level III Certification or a confirmed equivalent from another State that will receive reciprocity in the State of Oregon. The selected candidate must also have the ability to obtain WD IV certification within one year of employment
For more information or to apply please visit our website:
500 E 4th Ave
- 2 years ago - save job