Dewberry is currently seeking an exceptional candidate to serve as a Water Resources Senior Project Manager for water resource projects to include floodplain studies, flood mitigation plans, watershed analysis, storm-water master plans, integrated water resource planning, and water quality related projects in our Denver, Colorado office. This is an excellent career opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented individual to become part of an exciting team of professionals working in a great environment and applying the latest technology. Typical projects involve helping local, state, and federal clients complete floodplain management and other water resource projects. Candidates will also assist in business development activities that will result in continued growth for the Denver office.
- Provide technical oversight and management of hydrologic and hydraulic analyses, using a variety of techniques and models (e.g., HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, FLO 2D).
- Prepare written reports, such as study narratives documenting floodplain studies.
- Perform project manager’s duties such as scoping and budgeting of projects.
- Train and mentor junior water resources Engineers.
- Perform quality reviews of H&H studies performed by other Engineers or contractors.
- Assist in business development for the Colorado area.
- Manage a team of engineers and geographers.
- Proposal manager for project pursuits.
Required Skills & Required Experience:
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering (or related Engineering field), with emphasis in water resources.
- 10+ years water resources-related experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of hydrology and open channel hydraulics.
- Knowledge/experience with ESRI Arc GIS and mapping software, especially ArcGIS 9.
- Knowledge/experience with HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, HEC-1, FLO 2D, and SWMM.
- Extensive project management background managing water resource projects.
- Knowledge of local Colorado water resource market and clients.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in basic MS Office software.
- P.E. certification in Colorado
Prefer local Candidates Only.
Some travel required.
At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Dewberry - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -