The purpose of this position is to plan, educate, supervise and evaluate participants in structured learn to swim classes. This position also ensures the safety of all patrons utilizing the pool facility, provides customer service to patrons, enforce all rules and regulations, assist with all pool activities including rentals, programs and special events, pool maintenance, including checking water balance, vacuum operation, and maintain facility sanitation. Attend in-service training, assist with collection and deposits of pool monies as needed, prepare written reports on pool patrons, maintenance, programs, rentals & special events as needed; performs other duties as assigned.
- Provides premier customer service to internal and external customers by educating customers, resolving customer concerns, meeting customer needs, responding to requests and helping to maintain a safe and clean pool environment in a professional manner.
- Instructs, plans, prepares and evaluates water safety instruction programs.
- Assists with coordinating, scheduling, and maintaining related records and statistics for programs and participants.
- Supervises Swim Instructor aides used during classes as needed.
- Ensures the safety of the general public by enforcing pool rules and regulations; monitoring activities and provides assistance when necessary. Provides accident prevention.
- Provides general facility maintenance and cleanliness including: water balance, filling pools, cleaning bathhouse showers, toilets, floors, sinks, office areas, pool deck, trash removal, pick up trash in and around pool yard, clean skimmer baskets, clean pool equipment, clean pool tile and vacuum pool.
- Performs emergency service by rescuing, resuscitating or administering first aid as required. Reports all incidents to Pool Manager.
- Attends in-service training each week on safety and emergency procedures.
- Requires regular attendance.
- Performs related duties and special projects as needed.
- Must be at least 16 years of age or older.
- Less than high school education is acceptable.
- Related experience preferred.
- Current American Red Cross (or equivalent) certifications in CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, First-aid, Lifeguarding and Water Safety Instructor Certification.
- Pass pre-employment skills test and written exam for Lifeguarding.
Complete online application at Cedar Hill City Website at www.cedarhilltx.com. The City of Cedar Hill can no longer accept actual/faxed applications. ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED. There are computers at the Cedar Hill Library for applicants that do not have access to a computer at home. If you are having trouble with the NEOGOV Applicant tracking site, please call the NEOGOV technical support number at 1-877-204-4442 and select option 1.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Cedar Hill will make every reasonable effort to accommodate your needs. For any special requests, please call Human Resources at 972-291-5100, ext 1050.
The City of Cedar Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of genetic information in compliance with GINA, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, age, or disability in hiring, conditions, or termination of employment. Final applicants for employment with the City of Cedar Hill are subject to drug testing and background screening.
CITY OF CEDAR HILL
285 Uptown Blvd Bldg #100
Cedar Hill, TX 75104
City of Cedar Hill, TX - 5 months ago