Instruct patrons in accordance with American Red Cross standards.
Monitors activities in assigned classes to prevent accidents.
· Teaches swimming and water safety skills to youth and adults by American Red Cross standards.
· Administers First Aid/CPR/AED as necessary.
· Teaches pool safety to swimmers and potential swimmers regarding unsafe practices around pool areas and safety hazards that may exist in water environments.
· Follows emergency action plan and procedures established in the event of an emergency.
· Maintains order in the pool and adjoining areas pertaining to assigned classes.
· Provides general information on pool operation to patrons.
· Complete required paperwork.
· Knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures and the operations and functions of Kingsport Aquatic Center (KAC).
· Knowledge of all applicable laws, ordinances, policies, standards, and regulations pertaining to the specific duties and responsibilities of the job.
· Ability to effectively communicate and interact with management, employees, members of the general public and all other groups involved in the activities of City of Kingsport government as they relate to KAC.
· Knowledge of pool safety equipment and maintenance thereof.
· Knowledge of lifesaving methods and procedures, including first aid and standard resuscitation measures.
· Knowledge of rules and regulations governing conduct of the public at pools.
· Knowledge of swimming pool sanitation and chlorination systems.
· Skilled in swimming.
· Ability to react quickly and calmly in emergencies.
· Ability to perform rescue actions, administer first aid and CPR.
· Ability to work with limited supervision, using personal judgment in decision making.
Education and Experience:
High school graduate or GED plus 2 year experience in a related field. Lifeguard Training Certification and First Aid/ CPR/ AED Certification required. Certified Pool Operator and Water Safety Instructor Certification preferred. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
City of Kingsport, TN - 2 years ago