Provide safe, clean, healthy, and well-maintained potable water and waste water systems for 150,000 annual guests and 300 community customers. This position is on call 24 hour a day, 365 days a year. The operator trainee will be back-up for the water system operator during his time away from the system.
- Calculate, monitor, and record well production for 13 wells, 520,000 gallons of water storage, and 3 chlorinating stations.
- Determine chemical dosages (chlorine, phosphate) to be injected into the water distribution system.
- Operate DPD chlorine tester and phosphate tester to check chemical content at the storage facility plant and in the distribution system.
- Record the results in the NC Division of Health Services Form 3398. This is accomplished daily 7 days per week as per NC regulations.
- High School diploma required.
- Study and train to complete courses in water, water distribution, and waste water systems to become N.C. State licensee for C-Well water utility operators.
- Minimum of 3 months experience under a licensed C-Well operator in a regulated Water System.
- Good hand and eye coordination, ability to work in a team environment, ability to work on your own, good mechanical aptitude, able to read system drawings, interpret labels, safety requirements and ability to compute accurate chemical dosages; effective in math and some chemistry desired; ability to meet public.
LifeWay Christian Resources - 30+ days ago
LifeWay Christian Resources of the Southern Baptist Convention helps to spread the teachings of Jesus. The company is a not-for-profit...