Hiring range for position is $15.78 - $18.62 DOQ.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Please note that in certain cases, position (s) may be filled prior to application deadline.
Performs basic operation, maintenance and monitoring of water system; support daily operation of water production and water treatment for water treatment plant.
Assists in operation of reverse osmosis purification facility; monitors raw water flow rates finish water flow rates, and chemical dosing;
Works a variety of hours and days, including holidays and weekends and rotating on-call schedule;
Effectively and efficiently operates a computer utilizing such software programs as word processing, statistical spreadsheets and databases , maintains accurate logs and records of work performed and materials and equipment used; assists in maintain accurate records of all aspects for the various processes of water treatment plant;
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Basic biology and chemistry; basic mathematics (algebra and geometry);
· Local, state, and federal regulations relating to water operations including collection and distribution systems;
· Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems;
· Lifting techniques sufficient to be able to move heavy items;
· Safety hazards and necessary safety precautions sufficient to be able to establish a safe work environment for self and others.
Education and Special Requirements:
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING :
Education : High School or G.E.D. certificate;
Experience : One (1) plus years experience working in a water treatment facility or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CO Water Facility Operator’s Class D Certification
CO Water Facility Operator’s Class C Certification
CO Water Facility Operator’s Class B Certification
CO Water Facility Operator’s Class A Certification
Special Requirements : Must possess a valid CO driver’s license. Must be able to obtain a Class B CDL within 6 months of employment.
The City of Sterling provides this sales tax online application for your convenience. It is protected with a secure socket layer (SSL)...