ESS Group, Inc. seeks a recognized expert in the field of coastal and waterfront engineering to assist the Company in expanding its share of project work in coastal and maritime industry markets. Target clients will include marine terminals, energy and industrial facilities, military installations, and mixed-use commercial facilities from New England through the mid-Atlantic. The position offers tremendous opportunity for a motivated and visionary self-starter with excellent contacts and the ability to secure engineering and environmental consulting assignments from clients in a variety of maritime industries.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Securing engineering and environmental consulting assignments to support shipping, industrial, military, energy, and mixed-use commercial facilities
- Achieving sales target by identifying, pursuing, and winning projects both independently and in coordination with the Practice Leader and other senior ESS staff
- Leveraging business contacts and relationships to secure waterfront projects for ESS
- Developing pricing strategies and preparing proposals and attending business presentations
- Acting as Project Manager for industrial and mixed-use waterfront development projects involving design, engineering, permitting, regulatory compliance, and construction
- Managing technical staff assignments and budgets to ensure project profitability
- Effectively working with clients to retain and strengthen client relationships
- Providing leadership and mentoring of junior staff
- Promoting ESS growth in the New England and mid-Atlantic marketplaces
- BS or MS in civil, coastal, or structural engineering
- 15+ years engineering and project management experience on waterfront development projects
- Experience in New England and/or Hampton Roads waterfront markets required; marine terminal experience preferred
- 10+ years of Business Development experience with proven success in securing projects and developing client relationships within an environmental consulting and engineering firm
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Massachusetts and/or Virginia
- Willingness to travel 25-30% (within US)
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
ESS offers competitive salaries in a dynamic work environment, with a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental and Vision plans; Life and Disability Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care; 401K Plan; Paid Vacation, Sick Time, and Holidays; and a Profit Sharing Program. For more information about ESS Group, Inc. visit www.essgroup.com. Only applicants eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship or restrictions will be considered.
ESS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please e-mail your resume and a letter of interest to:
with “Waterfront Engineer” in the subject line, or mail to: Human Resources Manager, ESS Group, Inc., 10 Hemingway Drive, East Providence, RI 02915.
In 2002, ESS made a significant commitment to expand the company's engineering capabilities. This has been a real value-added feature for...