Line of Business: Wealth Division Group
Job Category: First/Mid-Level Officials and Managers
1. Graduate degree in business, financial services, accounting, law, or other
1. Bachelor?s degree in financial services-related discipline such as Business
Administration, Accounting, Trust Management, Banking, or Finance or equivalent
education and related experience
2. Ten years of professional work experience with demonstrated superior
competency in area(s) of concentration of which at least seven years is
specifically in the financial planning arena
3. Strong technical knowledge of issues relating to financial planning including
income tax, investments, debt management, retirement planning, employee
benefits, stock options, insurance, and estate planning
4. Strong communication and relationship skills
5. Strong computer software and related technical skills including Microsoft
6. CFP designation
7. Proven experience with group facilitation, presentations, and public
8. Experience in marketing and selling fee-based financial planning services.
9. Strong written, verbal, problem solving, and analytical skills
10. Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
11. Proven ability to lead projects and special financial planning lines of
1. Market fee-based financial planning services to affluent prospects using
established procedures, methods, and practices. Recognize financial planning and
product implementation opportunities and communicate them to the client and
appropriate WM team members during the planning process.
2. Prioritize and manage workload based on established goals for completion of
planning engagements. Communicate status of work by utilizing the WMFP Workflow
3. Lead specialty platforms and special projects designed to improve the overall
tactical and strategic planning group objectives or specific market segment
(i.e. - estate and gift tax planning, business planning, etc.), and timely
report conclusions, updates, and progress back to WMFP management.
4. Make suggestions to WMFP management for changes and/or enhancements that will
better assure quality service and timely delivery of WMFP services.
5. Strong understanding of the WMFP process and how it relates to, is
implemented, and is explained to the WM service platform, as well as supporting
internal documents. Proactively explain WMFP processes, procedures, and products
to WM team members.
6. The Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Wealth Management in a specific knowledge
area related to financial planning (i.e., estate and gift tax planning, business
7. Work on advanced financial plans for affluent clients (usually $15+ million)
and develop actionable planning recommendations. Maintain a current level of
knowledge in your area of expertise to bring the most sophisticated planning
solutions to WM clients.
8. Mentor and teach your specific area of expertise and communicate subject
matter updates to other WM Strategists on a regular basis in order to raise
their abilities and knowledge.
9. Ensure that the Financial Planning process and workflow are being followed in
order to provide the proper advice to planning clients. This includes all
necessary internal and client meetings with WM team members and other BB&T
10. Remain knowledgeable and up-to-date on personal financial issues,
regulations, investment philosophies, and planning techniques. Then, through
designated software, work with your FPA to identify gaps/shortfalls in client?s
goals and objectives and provide proper advice and potential solutions.
11. Display ability to interact and explain complicated financial planning
issues as well as creating and delivering planning recommendations with both
clients in excess of $15 million net worth and WM team members. Utilizing the
Recommendations Letter, communicate appropriate next steps in addressing
objectives and concerns from the financial plan.
12. Attend and participate in weekly WM Team sales meetings as well as
established WMFP teleconferences, meetings, and activities.
13. Strong working relationships with attorneys, accountants, and other advisors
in your specialized line of business to assure quality administration and
increased business opportunity. Represent BB&T in civic, community,
government, banking and professional groups.
14. Utilize ProActiv (or other appropriate) client relationship management
software to record financial plan sale dates, proper crediting for
implementation of products, planning activity, and delivery of financial
15. Maintain organized, efficient client files with minimal excess information;
properly dispose of outdated paper-based and electronic-based information.
16. Preserve the confidential nature of our client?s personal financial data and
obtain and share this data according to BB&T policies, guidelines, and
17. Comply with WMFP policies and procedures as well as related bank,
regulatory, and legal guidelines/requirements to ensure compliance with
appropriate audit standards.
18. Assume additional responsibilities as requested by WMFP management and fully
support the efforts and direction of the financial planning leadership in
BB&T Human Systems - 23 months ago
BB&T Corporation (BB&T) is a financial holding company. The Company conducts its business operations primarily through its...