Share our pride. Join our mission.
As a Fortune 200 financial services company, USAA is on a mission - to facilitate the financial security of our members, the men and women of the U.S. military and their families worldwide. Headquartered on a showcase campus in San Antonio, TX, USAA attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our 25,000 employees. They are the heart and soul of our member-service culture.
Recently Ranked 100 Best Companies to Work For by Fortune in 2013 , we are proud to receive consistently outstanding awards and ratings for member service, employee well-being and financial strength. Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity . These are the foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how we treat each other.
We are currently seeking talented Wealth Manager for our Colorado Springs, CO facility.
USAA continuously seeks talented personnel for future opportunities. This sourcing requisition (REQ#18628) is designed for individuals with recent experience as a Wealth Manager who are interested in career opportunities within USAA. Applying to this sourcing requisition indicates that you have an interest in those future career opportunities and does NOT constitute an actual application to a specific position. When selected positions for Wealth Manager are added to our career website, highly qualified candidates will be notified via email and asked to apply to those specific positions if you are interested in the opportunity. Again, this sourcing requisition is not for a specific position. It is designed for candidates interested in future opportunities and allows USAA to keep you apprised of those new opportunities.
We recommend you also continue to monitor the USAA careers website for specific opportunities and create a job search agent.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Serves as primary financial advisor providing individualized solutions in an effort to preserve and deepen USAA's high net worth members through various channels (telephone, email, and face-to-face). Develops advocacy based relationships and provides comprehensive financial planning and consultations. Ensures the acquisition, relationship, and retention of private investment management accounts.
- Applies broad knowledge of financial products, services, and strategies to provide proactive holistic advice and financial planning regarding complex financial issues impacting the affluent market.
- Conducts comprehensive reviews to include asset allocation, retirement strategies, risk management, preservation of wealth, accumulation and wealth transfer strategies. Provides recommendations for modifications based on member's risk tolerance, goals, objectives and individual preferences.
- Creates and delivers sales presentations to members and prospects, effectively incorporating needs based selling techniques.
- Maintains knowledge of competitive landscape and effectively communicates the value of USAA's Wealth Management offerings and how it fits into each member's financial strategy and life planning goals.
- Bachelor's degree or six years financial services work experience.
- 4+ years financial services experience providing investment advice and counsel directly to clients.
- Broad knowledge of financial products and solutions for affluent market (e.g., investments, retirement, discretionary money management, risk management, long-term care, etc.).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
- Working knowledge of windows operating environment.
- FINRA Series 7 and 66 (or 63 and 65) or obtainment within 90 days.
- Life & Health license within 90 days.
- Certified Financial Planner practitioner.
- Certified Wealth Strategist (CWS) designation within specified timeframe.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
- Master's degree.
- 6+ years financial services experience providing investment advice and counsel directly to clients.
- 4+ years experience applying financial planning strategies retirement, investment, insurance, tax, and estate).
- 2+ years maintaining a book of high net worth clients.
- Advanced knowledge of financial products and solutions for affluent market (e.g., investments, retirement, discretionary money management, risk management, long-term care, etc.).
- Working user knowledge of Client Relationship Manager (CRM) technology system.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
- FINRA Series 7 and 66 (or 63 and 65).
- Life & Health license.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including business casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Percentage of Travel:
USAA - 14 months ago
FOR OUR VETERANS:
Did you know USAA has numerous career opportunities that don’t require corporate experience? If you’re...