Red 5 Studios, creator of the free-to-play MMO Shooter Firefall ( www.firefallthegame.com ), is a video game developer dedicated to bringing together millions of gamers from across the planet by creating immersive worlds, intriguing stories, and compelling characters.
Created by seasoned developers including the team-lead for vanilla World of Warcraft and the lead designer of Tribes and Tribes 2, Firefall’s combat is fast paced, furious, and plays like a top-tier action oriented shooter. It is the largest massively multiplayer co-op shooter made to date and offers a unique gameplay experience not found anywhere else.
The development process at Red 5 Studios is also deliberately unlike any other. Firefall is designed from the ground up with our audience at our core. We share our game's early development builds and invite our audience to actively share feedback, allowing them to provide a meaningful contribution to the shaping our core gameplay. We regularly read our forums, reply to community feedback, and often times we’ll fly beta testers to our office for feedback sessions and early previews of upcoming builds.
Red 5 Studios is far more than just another game developer. We’re a family; a tribe of men and women who each bring our own unique experiences, knowledge, and accomplishments to the table. We believe that in order to build a great game, you first need great people, and actively encourage and organize fun team-building events and studio outings to strengthen and grow as a family.
If you are interested in joining the Red 5 Tribe, or to learn more about opportunities at the studio, please visit the company web site ( www.red5studios.com ). For those interested in getting a behind-the-scenes look at what Red 5 Studios is all about, please check out the following video: http://bit.ly/ORU72P
The Red 5 Studio’s Web Development team is comprised of the brightest architects, designers, and engineers in the business. Building the web-based tools and features needed to form the backbone of our online presence, our Web Developers are committed to providing the best online experience for our users. To accomplish this, the web developers work closely with the game designers to create functionality in both Firefall the game and on the official Firefall website, and ensure that all facets of design are of the highest quality. The Web Development team also works alongside our Marketing and Community teams to design and implement community-focused web features and promotions.
- Collaborate in a team environment with web development and community to update and maintain web designs and graphics for all Red 5 web sites
- Working directly with the marketing team to provide advertisement concepts and final assets in a timely fashion
- Maintain high standards of quality in all visual output, in-game and out that creates unique value to all art assets
- Excellent online portfolio of cutting edge graphic design and web-based user interfaces
- Expert knowledge of digital imaging and illustration with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Some experience with translating designs to HTML and understanding of web limitations and advances in new technologies
- Good understanding of web performance requirements
- Superior knowledge of current web-design trends and techniques
- Understanding of dynamic content design principles
- Unyielding passion for games
- Previous experience in a game studio or creative environment designing content that is seen by millions of users