Established in 1996, Visionary Integration Professionals (VIP) is a global technology and managed services firm that has provided solutions to over 900 government and commercial clients in various industries. With its mission of "helping clients achieve measurable results," VIP helps its customers challenge boundaries and uncover new possibilities to increase productivity, maximize revenue, improve performance, mitigate risks, and reduce costs. VIP has over 700 staff and offers expertise spanning eight core service offerings: Business Intelligence, ERP Consulting and Integration, Technology-Based Learning Solutions, Management Consulting, Software Quality Management and Testing, Application Design and Development, Systems Maintenance and Operations, and Network and Data Center Infrastructure Consulting. VIP's corporate headquarters is located in Folsom, California with offices in DC Metro, New York City, Houston.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience working an aggressive development schedule with demanding clients
- Capable and comfortable working in a highly collaborative development environment
- Demonstrable experience in Agile development and ensuring that Sprints are completed on time
- Experience developing Java web services
- Work with the development team to design and develop the solutions from requirements that apply to the user interface
- Collaborate with user experience team
- Independent thinker who can complete assignments without supervisor providing step-by-step instruction
- Generate and/or oversee the development of status reports, project schedule and task assignments, configuration management procedures, user guides, test plans, and administration manuals
- Trips from the VIP office in Alexandria, VA to the Arlington, VA and northwest DC client locations are likely to occur on a regular basis
- Assist with user training, as necessary
6 plus years experience providing web development support in an Agile development environment
Strong history (minimum of 6 years) with Java
Strong expertise using Jira
o BS Degree plus 5 years in a scientific, technical or other related field
No clearance requirement, but must obtain DHS EOD
Strong knowledge and experience using MS Project, Visio, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Experience with user experience integration with web applications
Prefer a Secret clearance
Handle objects (manual dexterity)
Use fine finger movements (type)
Must carry/lift loads of up to 25 lbs.
Reason and analyze
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status. EOE/F/M/DV.
VIP participates in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
- 2 years ago - save job