Berico Technologies is seeking talented Web Administrators to support a fast-paced, high impact technical environment. The candidate for this position will be performing an essential role on a very selective team working to provide technical solutions and expertise to our Customer. This role will affect a wide scope of mission critical programs across several federal agencies.
Do you want the opportunity to apply your skills to solve meaningful challenges? Would you like to contribute to a team where your work will make a difference and your expertise is valued? If yes, then we would love to hear from you! This is your opportunity to both learn and lead while getting your hands dirty with exciting technologies and leaving your mark on a game-changing IC program. It is also a unique chance to join one of the ten best companies in the Washington, DC area (according to the Washington Business Journal).
Based on role and level of experience, the Web Administrator will perform some or all of the following functions:
- Administer internet/intranet infrastructure, including components such as web, file transfer protocol (FTP), news and mail servers.
- Collaborate with web developers to create and operate internal and external web sites, or to manage projects, such as e-marketing campaigns.
- Collaborate with development teams to discuss, analyze, or resolve usability issues.
- Install or configure web server software or hardware to ensure that directory structure is well defined, logical, secure, and that files are named properly.
- Develop web site performance metrics.
- Set up or maintain monitoring tools on web servers or web sites.
- Check and analyze operating system or application logfiles regularly to verify proper system performance.
- Perform user testing or usage analyses to determine web sites' effectiveness or usability.
- Develop testing routines and procedures.
- Evaluate testing routines or procedures for adequacy, sufficiency, and effectiveness.
- Test issues such as system integration, performance, and system security on a regular schedule or after any major program modifications.
- Correct testing-identified problems, or recommend actions for their resolution.
- Determine sources of web page or server problems, and take action to correct such problems.
- Gather, analyze, or document user feedback to locate or resolve sources of problems.
- Track, compile, and analyze web site usage data.
- Recommend web site improvements, and develop budgets to support recommendations.
- Identify or address interoperability requirements.
- Evaluate or recommend server hardware or software.
- Develop or implement procedures for ongoing web site revision.
- Implement updates, upgrades, and patches in a timely manner to limit loss of service.
- Identify, standardize, and communicate levels of access and security.
- Implement web site security measures, such as firewalls or message encryption.
- Monitor systems for intrusions or denial of service attacks, and report security breaches to appropriate personnel.
- Identify or document backup or recovery plans.
- Back up or modify applications and related data to provide for disaster recovery.
- Test backup or recovery plans regularly and resolve any problems.
- Document application and web site changes or change procedures.
- Document installation or configuration procedures to allow maintenance and repetition.
- Test new software packages for use in web operations or other applications.
- Inform web site users of problems, problem resolutions or application changes and updates.
- Monitor web developments through continuing education, reading, or participation in professional conferences, workshops, or groups.
- Develop or document style guidelines for web site content.
- Develop and implement marketing plans for home pages, including print advertising or advertisement rotation.
- Provide training or technical assistance in web site implementation or use.
- Review or update web page content or links in a timely manner, using appropriate tools.
Experience with some or all of the following is highly desired:
- Application server software — IBM WebSphere; JBoss Application Server; Microsoft Virtual Server; VMWare ESX Server
- Development environment software — Borland Delphi software; Extensible stylesheet language XSL; Microsoft Visual Studio; Tool command language Tcl
- Graphics or photo imaging software — Adobe Systems Adobe FreeHand; Adobe Systems Adobe Illustrator; Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop software; Corel CorelDraw Graphics Suite
- Web page creation and editing software — Adobe Systems Adobe Dreamweaver; Adobe Systems Adobe Flash Player; Adobe Systems Adobe Macromedia HomeSite; Microsoft FrontPage
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
US Citizenship Required
Berico Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Berico Technologies - 17 months ago