Want an opportunity to challenge your LAMP sysadmin skills on a variety of projects and still not have to wear a tie to work?
This is a great opportunity for a Web systems professional who enjoys working on a wide variety of projects where the collaboration is fun. You'll find a dog friendly, casual work environment with free, never-ending spring water, coffee or tea and occasional ethnic food/snacks.
You’ll be the person who will configure and maintain co-located, cloud and in-house FreeBSD Web and database servers, VPS, firewalls, etc. and suggest security improvements. You may also help lead enterprise-level projects. This is no Dilbert cubicle jungle – you’ll be a vital part of a small, but well-established company and we’ll expect you to walk in and begin contributing the very first week. Although the workweek is usually business hours, it sometimes requires on-call response. This is a full-time, position with excellent benefits.
New Village Media, an established Web and Internet solutions company based in Columbia, MD, is seeking an experienced, intermediate level, UNIX systems administrator supporting day-to-day Web operations for more than 50 client sites in an Apache/MySQL/PHP managed Web services environment. Previous experience in Agile Website development and/or project management would be an important plus.
Applicants must have:
- At least two years of on-the-job experience in server administration and Agile development support.
- Experience supporting/building dynamic Websites and Open Source Content Management System applications such as Drupal or TYPO3 in PHP5 and MySQL
- Competency in HTML5
- Intermediate level Unix admin (Linux, Free BSD, etc)
- Experience in database admin (MySQL preferred)
- Experience supporting the LAMP suite with mod_ssl, ability to compile applications from source, and strong command line skills in the shell environment on a Free BSD UNIX system
- Experience with SVN
- DNS and Server Security Experience
- Support a Scrum team
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
Our full-time benefit package includes fully paid health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, long-term disability, educational reimbursement, profit sharing, and other benefits. Employees are eligible for a discounted membership in the Columbia Association athletic facilities and discounted rates at an area bank.
How to Apply
E-mail resume and include your salary requirements.
Note: While we welcome resumes from across the US, no relocation expenses will be paid – therefore, we are primarily seeking applicants who currently live in the Mid-Atlantic region