ThinkGeek.com, one of the most successful niche E-Commerce Sites (Internet Retailer #180, IR Social Media #22) and the premier retailer serving the global geek community, is seeking a Manager of Web and E-Commerce Analytics to lead all customer and site analytics in order to maximize profitability, drive customer loyalty, and optimize promotional strategies.
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the successful candidate will provide business stakeholders across the organization with in-depth analysis of customer behavior, site performance across platforms (e.g. desktop, tablet, mobile), and channel performance (e-mail, affiliate, paid search, social media, etc.). They will take the lead on optimizing channel attribution for paid and non-paid media while collaborating with Finance to develop lifetime value analyses for different customer segments. Last but not least, they will provide ongoing analyses to assess the efficacy of our Geek Points loyalty program.
The Manager is well versed in b2c e-Commerce and direct marketing KPIs, is a strategic thinker when it comes to utilizing analytical tools to draw actionable conclusions, and knows how to develop analytical frameworks and processes from scratch.
- Perform in-depth analysis of online traffic for the Web, mobile, and social channels to make recommendations for improvements in sales, acquisition and engagement strategies, remarketing tactics, and customer experience
- Extract, analyze, manipulate, and synthesize data from a variety of sources to measure and report on online behavior
- Collaborate with leads in various marketing areas—acquisition, customer marketing, and user experience—to implement best practices about a/b and multivariate testing related to site design, functionality enhancements, and the impact of promotions across channels (e.g. email, site, external paid media, etc.)
- In addition to paid channels, analyze ongoing SEO performance for the ThinkGeek site
- Analyze the impact of email marketing strategies and Geek Points loyalty program enhancements to make actionable recommendations for improvements to segmentation, cadence, and promotional plans
- Collaborate with site marketing and merchandising leads to understand the impact of specific product placements, browse methods, and internal search optimization techniques on conversion and sales
- Develop a framework and execute analysis of lifetime value and performance tracking by customer cohort, including but not limited to source of initial customer acquisition
- Develop and distribute daily/weekly/monthly and ad hoc reports and collaborate across departments to fulfill ongoing reporting needs
- Maintain pulse on latest trends in web measurement strategies and tactics
- Lead administrative activities related to analytics software as well as tagging-related projects for the site (in collaboration with IT)
- Deep knowledge of web analytics tools (Omniture, Coremetrics, Google Analytics) and experience working with IT to implement and/or update such systems and related tagging
- Experience working with multivariate testing tools such as Adobe/Omniture Test & Target.
- Advanced Excel and Access skills, with an affinity for automation
- Working knowledge of traditional direct marketing a/b testing methods, including sizing controls and test groups correctly, removing outliers, and measuring sales lifts on the customer level
- Familiarity with web technologies and web content development procedures, preferably in an e-Commerce environment
- Proven track record of delivering complete, accurate, and detailed analysis
- Exceptional problem solving, business analysis, and quantitative skills
- Proactive, independent, and detail-oriented problem solver with innate sense of urgency to drive results along with a strong customer service ethic
- Ability to combine strategic and analytical skills with creative and visual skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Flexible, able to respond immediately to often changing business priorities
Geeknet is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or any other class protected by applicable state or federal law.
- Bachelor’s Degree in statistics, mathematics, business, marketing, computer technology or related field
- 5 years+ professional experience in an analytically-based role in an Internet environment, preferably with e-commerce experience
- Thorough understanding of website metrics, data analysis, behavioral analysis and reporting tools
- Understanding of statistics
- Understanding of customer profiling and segmentation
ThinkGeek - 15 months ago