Join a team that has a history of building successful software products and businesses. We have a solid product to build upon, incredible traction and are preparing for rapid growth as we innovate an industry that's ripe for disruption. We have an innovative and demanding environment where, refreshingly, people have just as high expectations of themselves as they have of others. Our product development and design practices are heavily influenced by Agile, Lean, User Centric Design and Behavior Driven Development. The product you will be building is critical to our business. We won't compromise quality just to meet arbitrary deadlines and know when it is better to delay a release to make sure the product is just exactly perfect. Sound perfect? We think so too.
What you will do
What you should have
- You'll take a leading role designing our products -- building the products' vision, strategy and roadmap.
- You'll evolve rough ideas into product features and specs by mapping out experiences, designing prototyping, authoring agile user stories and iterating, iterating, iterating.
- You'll work closely with other designers, engineers, product managers and UrbanBound's leadership team.
- You'll formulate product experiements and conduct user tests.
- You have a gnawing desire to build one of the best apps in the world from the ground up that is used by hundreds of thousands of movers
- You have an impressive portfolio of web-based products you have designed
- You describe yourself as having meticulous attention to detail, a results-driven attitude, and take ownership over quality and outcomes
- You can influence design standards by introducing emerging techniques, best practices, and design patterns
- You love good statistical analysis and the power of data-driven decisions
- You have experience defining product releases in terms of scope, product roadmaps and business objectives
- You have prior experience with Lean and/or Agile software development teams
UrbanBound - 15 months ago