Ariadne seeks a talented Web Application Developer to develop and maintain an indexing engine and a web content delivery framework. The engine processes and makes searchable terabytes of rapidly growing biomedical information. The web portal system handles over 10 million hits from millions unique users every day. Both are high-performance, multi-threaded, distributed software systems running on hundreds of Linux-based servers at National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, MD.
- Add new features to existing web applications.
- Troubleshoot existing applications.
- AJAX, standards-based development.
- Cross-browser development.
- Some server-side programming (C/C++, Python, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
- Some UNIX/Linux experience.
- BS in Computer Science or scientific field (engineering, math, physics), or equivalent experience.
- Recent graduate acceptable.
Ariadne offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including PPO health insurance with 100% company paid premiums, 401K program with matching, paid time off and holiday pay, life insurance, flexible spending and disability coverage. We promote an excellent work life balance with a 40-hours workweek and a chance to work alongside accomplished scientists at NIH.
- Experience with XML and XSLT.
- Experience with jQuery.
- Understanding of usability techniques and concepts.
- Database and SQL experience.
- User interaction design experience.
- Experience with Enterprise Java, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby, or Lisp.
- Experience with any Web application framework.
- Accessibility experience (section 508 and/or WCAG).
- Flexibility and ability to learn and use new technologies.
Ariadne is an equal opportunity employer.
Thank you for your interest in employment at Ariadne!
We look forward to reviewing your application.