Hello, We're Code and Theory!
We work hard, with sincere passion in creating things that evoke positive emotions, disrupt the status quo and in the process - win lots of awards. We're somewhat mysterious; with a unique chemistry of passionate engineers that evangelize, develop and launch groundbreaking experiences used by millions of people every day.
Our work is a culmination of technologists and designers collaborating to create something special. It’s what makes us different, and ultimately why our clients are the most exciting. From the fashion sensibilities of Vogue to the industry-shaping TechCrunch (and all those in-between), our projects are the results of great passionate people working to make a difference.
Awesome Work with Sincere Humility
Our engineering team covers a lot of technology stacks. Whether you are driven by building applications using PHP or node.js, an HTML5 / CSS3 / jQuery warrior, or obsessed with build-and-deploy automation, we're looking for the best. People who are smart, creative, up for any challenge, and hungry for more, to make Code and Theory an environment that brings out the best in all of us.
Code and Theory Benefits:
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the Code and Theory family, you also get the perks. There's the usual - 401k, excellent health and dental coverage, life insurance and long-term disability. Then there are the extras, some random, mostly awesome – bagel Mondays, summer Fridays, stocked candy jar, Crunch Partnership, discounted AMC movie tickets, field trips, game nights and team outings.
Cubicles? Er, no. Located in the heart of Soho (dangerously close to the Apple Store) our office has an open layout with lots of sun and big windows, and an overall unique workspace.
- You have plenty of OOP experience and feel at home on the LAMP stack
- You see the mobile browser as a close friend to the desktop browser
- You have worked with the Facebook platform and other popular web service APIs
- You’re passionate about learning more, and are excited to collaborate with other team members across UX, Visual Design and Engineering
- You’re used to participating in the requirements-gathering process for new projects
- You can debug legacy code and other application configuration issues and do so with gusto
- You’ll actively participate in the evolution of our technologies and technology practices, occasionally pitch new technologies that you believe in, and participate in workshops to learn new skills
Talk to us if…
- Experience with Drupal, Wordpress and other open source content management platforms
- Mobile development - Titanium, PhoneGap, Game Salad, Unity, Objective-C, Java are all tasty
- Previous participation in - or hungry to learn about - Test Driven Development and Behavior Driven Development methodologies
- Experience with application frameworks like CodeIgniter, Laravel
- You know you can become a great part of a great team
- You can see UX, design and technology working together to make awesome pie
- You want to make a difference, and will work to do just that
- You like building great experiences that disrupt industries and the status quo
- You like to constantly evolve, evangelize the best practices to do so, and work with an enthusiastic team that is excited to come along for the ride.
Code and Theory
How to apply
E-mail your resume to