Corpedia, An NYSE Euronext Company and the leader in governance, risk, and compliance ( GRC ) e-learning and advisory services, currently has an opening for an experienced Web Application Developer. The developer will be assisting with the development, support, and maintenance of proprietary enterprise applications using best practices. The position will be located in Phoenix, AZ at our corporate offices.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Research – The web application developer will be expected to gather requirements, model, develop, and deploy in a Unix environment.
- Style – The developer will be expected to apply and implement visual design elements to a front-end web application.
- Debug – The developer will be expected to debug and maintain existing software and web applications as well as build new features into them.
- Re-factor – The developer will be expected to convert and migrate existing applications from one form of programming to another (i.e. from Ruby to PHP)
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 4+ years of web application and software development experience
- Well versed in OO design patterns, unit testing, and good in-line commenting/coding practices.
- Vast experience with PHP, XHTML and CSS. Must be able to contrast and compare between several MVC frameworks.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails programming is desired but not required.
- Strong knowledge of PostgreSQL, MySQL or other database technologies.
- Previous experience releasing and maintaining web applications in a production environment required (Open Source or Corporate)
- Team player in an agile environment
Corpedia offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including:
- Knowledge of working and deploying to UNIX environment
- Good communication skills with team members and project stakeholders.
- Test driven / behavior driven development
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending Account (Medical & Dependent Care)
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability Insurance
- 401k + matching
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation/Personal/Sick Leave
Corpedia - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
Founded in 1997, Corpedia, Inc. is the oldest online corporate compliance eLearning company, servicing numerous Fortune 1000 companies with...