The candidate will function as a Web Application Developer within the US Equities Technology team with a focus on the Fundamental Research and Investors platform. As part of the US Equities development team, the candidate will work to deliver high quality technology solutions that address business needs by developing innovative and strategic applications. The role will involve design and development of a suite of front office applications using the latest web technologies including frameworks or languages such as Scala, Play, D3, node.js, HTML5, Java and Mobile technologies.
- Designs, analyzes, develops, codes, and debugs applications to meet business requirements.
- Work as part of a Scrum team to deliver technology solutions in an Agile fashion including but not limited to sprint planning, complexity analysis, standup calls, and sprint retrospectives.
- Perform proof of concept and research and development on new technologies and frameworks.
- Adheres to architecture standards, risk management and security policies.
- Participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations.
- Communicate timely build status on development items to management team, as well as raise/work to resolve issues impacting development.
Skills / Competencies
- 5+ years of experience with related technologies and the software development life cycle
- Java and/or Scala programming skills
- Knowledge of standard build and deployment tools such as Eclipse, Maven, Subversion, and Jira
- Experience with database development and design including experience with Oracle and/or Sybase
- Ability to multi-task and engage productively on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to balance application development and application support needs
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to communicate complex issues to technical and non-technical audiences that include peers, partners, and senior IT and Business management
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies/practices and how to apply them
- Knowledge of the standard trade life cycle and the Equities business desirable
- Knowledge of high level Asset Management business processes desirable
- College degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent major
US-NY-New York-4 New York Plaza / 02324
Asset & Wealth Management
At JPMorgan Chase, the work we do matters. All of us are committed to putting our resources and our voices to work every day for our...