The Web Application Developer will be designing, building, integrating, and maintaining web-based and mobile software that helps Southern Polytechnic State University’s students, faculty, staff, alumni, and visitors to collaborate, share information, and build a sense of community on the Web.
Southern Polytechnic State University, a member of the University System of Georgia, is a residential university with over 6,200 students pursuing bachelors and masters degrees in many of the nation’s fastest growing technology fields. The university, located one mile west of 1-75’s Exit 263, is just 20 minutes northwest of downtown Atlanta. Southern Polytechnic is an EOE / ADA /AA Employer.
1. Consult with stakeholders to understand needs and requirements and develop technical solutions.
2. Design, implement, test, and maintain new web-based and mobile applications.
3. Perform maintenance on and enhance existing systems.
4. Monitor industry trends, incorporate best practices, and recommend improvements.
5. Ensure solutions meet all University System of Georgia, state, and federal regulations, including accessibility and information security standards.
6. Serve as liaison with assigned vendors.
7. Assist the director of Web Services with other duties as assigned.
Desirable Knowledge Skills and Abilities
1. Strong written and oral communication skills.
2. Ability to work in a team environment and interact in a helpful, positive manner with individuals of varying technical backgrounds.
3. Ability to create project planning materials and design documents.
4. Ability to develop unit tests, use distributed version control, and write documentation for source code.
5. Strong problem-solving skills.
6. Experience with a CMS environment.
7. Experience working with databases, especially MySQL or PostgreSQL.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field required. Evidence of at least one year experience in design and/or maintenance of web-based and/or mobile applications.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE , ABILITIES , AND SKILLS
1. Strong software development skills and proficiency in one or more programming languages, PERL or PHP is preferred.
2. Demonstrable, extensive knowledge of modern web technologies.
4. Experience designing Web interfaces using HTML , CSS , XML , and XSL .
5. The ability to collaborate effectively with faculty, administrators, and staff.
Special Instructions for Applicants
In addition to the required documents which must be uploaded, please note the following additional information:
-A minimum of three professional references with contact information must ALSO be provided.
Please note: if you are selected as a candidate for an interview you will need to provide a portfolio of your web projects at the time of the interview.
Southern Polytechnic State University - 2 years ago