Web Courseworks is looking for talented PHP programmers with experience developing complex web applications. You'll join a dedicated team of local and remote workers focused on improving and extending our software as a service learning management and e-commerce platforms. This position is full-time from our Madison, WI office only.
Full-time employees receive dental insurance, health insurance, and paid vacation. On-site developers are given freedom to choose working hours as long as they cover core hours of 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM. We offer an extremely flexible working environment.
Skills & Requirements
- 2+ years of professional PHP / LAMP development experience.
- Able to analyze requirements, create functional specifications, and implement new features from scratch.
- Able to write clean, concise, and documented PHP5 code.
- Understand the principles of SOLID and how to apply them.
- Able to write well formatted and high performance SQL (MySQL) by hand.
- Be security-conscious; understand XSS, SQL injection, CSRF, and other attacks and how to prevent them.
- An understanding of version control systems. We use git.
- A Bachelor of Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- An interest in keeping up-to-date with new technology and methodology.
- Previous e-commerce development experience is a plus.
- Previous experience working on high traffic sites is a plus.
About Web Courseworks, Ltd.
Web Courseworks was established in 1999 as the eLearning division of Madison Productions Incorporated, a privately held Wisconsin corporation. Madison Productions has 31 years of experience in successfully producing eMedia, and this multimedia pedigree enables Web Courseworks to utilize motion picture technologies, Flash animation and audio enhancements in our products. Our proximity to the University of Wisconsin-Madison keeps our team innovative and rooted in the study of course development, game design, and other industry advancements.
joelonsoftware - 22 months ago