Vistronix is actively seeking a Web Applications Integration Support Specialist to join our team and support operations efforts for a government client in Fort Collins, Colorado.
Would you like to be part of a dynamic team of dedicated software professionals? Are you concerned about protecting our Nation’s natural resources? We need people who are committed to action. People who want to apply their education and experience to make sure that all of us enjoy the benefits of productive soil, clean water, clean air, and abundant wildlife that come from a healthy environment.
Natural resource conservation is an effort of Federal and State agencies, universities, and professional societies to deliver science-based information to land owners. Join us to build the technology to help people understand, preserve and increase the productivity of our natural resources.
*SAS Server Administration Experience is required.*
The successful candidate will work with members of the Production Systems Operations (PSO) team to align datacenter processes and best practices with organizational needs and customer requirements. Principal responsibilities include the following:
Note: Deployment of application updates will be performed outside of standard business hours
- Install and verify the success of application updates using standard deployment procedures, and troubleshoot any problems encountered
- Perform daily checks on production applications and respond accordingly to resolve problems encountered.
- Monitor health of production applications and build monitoring profiles to What’s Up Gold monitoring console as new applications are deployed
- Assist with determining best practice approaches to implement and support NRCS Enterprise Web Applications.
- Work with various teams to provision and configure necessary hosting resources.
- Work with production application developers on the support profile for their applications including the design and implementation of an application administrative site that includes, but is not limited to, a health check page, and a diagnostics page.
- Automate complex operational tasks using common scripting utilities and train other members of PSO on their implementation, maintenance, and usage
- Design and/or build programmatic tools to support PSO in its operation of production systems and applications.
- Refine features and fix bugs in PSO support tools and applications and implement and maintain accordingly.
- Demonstrate use of tools, templates, standards, frameworks, shared libraries, and common operational utilities to facilitate manageable and supportable production application deployments.
- or -
- Four year technical degree such as Business Information Systems, Computer Science, or Engineering
- Combination of at least 3 years of similar experience with progress towards a bachelor or graduate technical degree
- 4 years’ experience with development, deployment, and support of Web Applications and administrative support systems in an Enterprise Class Data Center (Linux RHE 5.x / Windows2003/2008)
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Proven record of successful execution in cross-team collaborative IT environment
- Ability to recognize design and implementation issues and propose feasible solutions
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- SAS Server Administration running on top of IBM Websphere
- Windows 2003/2008 Server Administration
- Expertise on configuration and support of Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) 6.0/7.5
- Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2010
- Microsoft .NET, C# and ASP.NET with a working understanding of Object Oriented design techniques
- Familiarity with enterprise-class databases (Microsoft SQL Server 2008 preferred)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 2-years experience developing enterprise web-based applications using recent versions of MS Visual Studio .NET
- Expertise on configuration and support of Linux 5/6 and Apache Web Server and Tomcat
- Familiarity with Enterprise-class application monitoring system such as “What’s Up Gold”
- Experience with PowerShell, Nant, Cruise Control, MVC, Entity Framework, and JQuery
- Familiarity with source control management system, Subversion (SVN) or similar (CVS, VSS)
- Experience installing, configuring, and supporting Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
- Experience withusing collaborative Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools, such as CodeBeamer
- Familiarity with MS Build and/or Install Shield or other similar installation package generation tools
- Web Services and Service Oriented Architecture
- Familiarity with Active Directory, policy settings, SMS, and logging, monitoring, and diagnostics strategies
- Microsoft Office Products including Visio and Project
- Documentation, diagramming, and reporting skills
Successful candidate is subject to a background investigation by the government and must be able to meet the requirements to hold a position of public trust.
Candidates will be subject to a government background investigation and must meet eligibility criteria for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship is required.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, creed, ancestry, marital status, non-job-related handicap or disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Technology Associates International - 7 months ago