Continuous content creation is one of the cornerstones of achieving success in web presence. This position is responsible for supporting all areas of Lesley University in ensuring that relevant content is proactively added to the Lesley University web site for their respective areas on an ongoing basis. The areas of online content include the www.lesley.edu web site, contributions to school-related email marketing campaigns, online advertising, social media, and search marketing programs.
This position will actively work with academic and functional stakeholders to drive the creation of web content--e.g., creating new pages, spotlighting noteworthy events, highlighting faculty conference participaton, or posting an excerpt from a recent faculty publication on their profile page. In addition, supporting stakeholders with content creation, in line with the more proactive role of the Web Strategy and Production team, is also an important function. The Web Content Creation Specialist analyzes website traffic statistics for school content, analyzes visitor behavior to spot trends, increase conversion rates and ROI, and increase overall web traffic.
Additional responsibilities involve analytics and reporting of the web sites performance, including frequency of page updates and specific analytics associated with the page performance and effectiveness, such as exit and bounce rates, in order to increase an indiviudal web pages effectiveness. This analytics focus has the goal of increasing the effectiveness of individual web pages and their performance. The person in this position will leverage the analytics data to drive further improvements in existing web content and for new web content creation, as well as monitor and work with marketing team to maintain presence on social media sites and online communities and staying informed and reporting on social media trends and opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications or related field, with a minimum of two years of experience in marketing required.
- Experience following and implementing best practices in the area of web content creation and analytics and experience creating, tracking and optimizing online marketing campaigns.
- At least two years experience working on web content creation and Search Engine Optimization, including creating and implementing link building strategies.
- Experience working with email marketing and/or CRM programs and an understanding of CAN SPAM requirements.
- Experience utilizing web analytics data to create reports, share them with stakeholders and make actionable recommendations on web content changes.
- Demonstrated experience conducting keyword research, utilizing web analytics data to create reports, share them with stakeholders and make actionable recommendations on web content changes.
- Experience in creating online marketing campaigns and leveraging social media to improve core web site traffic.
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills, and be able to manage change in a fast-paced work environment using a highly collaborative approach.
- Demonstrated success in setting priorities, and managing and advancing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Do you have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interface with all levels of management and functional disciplines.
- Understanding of HTML is beneficial (but not required).
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, applicant screening will begin immediately, and the search will continue until the position is filled.
Grade 25: Salary Range: $47,271.37 - $65,243.71
BACKGROUND CHECKS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL POSITIONS.
Please include a cover letter, CV/ resume, and contact information for three references.
Lesley University is committed to recruiting and employing qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal opportunity and affirmative action.