Use your copy editing skills to manage content on various public facing websites and portals including the Esri Support Center blog and wiki.gis.com. In this role you will also be responsible for growth and user adoption of these channels by promoting them to the GIS community and using good SEO practices.
- Copy edit online and print content, with a focus on quality, accuracy, formatting, and established styles and standards
- Work with subject matter experts to develop and publish support blog content
- Continuously grow the viewership of technical articles, blogs, the GIS wiki, and other public content by creating useful content and employing good SEO practices to make content more searchable
- Perform administrative and maintenance tasks on various social media channels
- Generate reports on content quality, size, user adoption, and page views
- Collect and analyze user feedback generated from various online sources; respond to this feedback and take corrective action
- Assume point-of-contact tasks and communications in response to content contributors’ questions related to blog and technical article publishing workflows, publication, and content maintenance
- Promote the progress of the Online Support Resource program by assisting with various content-related activities when requested by management
- Bachelor’s in English, communications, journalism, liberal arts, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated ability to copy edit and maintain online technical content
- Familiarity with the standards of writing, copy editing, and proofreading
- Ability to identify, research, and promote modern copy practice where required
- Ability to improve written content with severe attention to detail
- Experience and ease networking with subject matter experts to achieve a common goal
- Ability to learn technical skills and apply them to assist end users
- Ability to follow directions and/or Standard Operating Procedures and perform additional tasks as required by management and/or team activities
- Good communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, and collaborate effectively with a team
- Experience working with customer service or support organizations
- Understanding of GIS theory and application
- Ease in delivering scheduled presentations to small groups
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Learn more and apply online at www.esri.com/careers . Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) supporting diversity in the workforce.
Esri - 14 months ago
Esri helps organizations map and model our world. Esri’s GIS technology enables them to effectively analyze and manage their...