ICF Interactive delivers all the strategic communications and marketing services of a top-flight public relations agency, plus the domain expertise and resources of a leading international consulting firm. Our strategic communications and marketing work drives audiences to take desired actions and ultimately to change behavior. If you’re passionate about delivering great marketing concepts and communications, and want to tackle some of society’s greatest challenges, we want you as part of our team.
ICF Interactive is seeking a web content writer and editor to join a high-profile, citizen-facing government web portal project. The successful candidate will have excellent writing skills, experience writing for the web under deadlines, strong customer-facing skills, experience gathering content requirements from stakeholders, and a background in user-centered design. Prior experience with the Department of Veterans Affairs, the Department of Defense, or in working with government or military personnel is desired.
The Web Content Editor will be a member of the portal User Experience team, and will work with end users and business stakeholders at all levels in an Agile development environment to craft content for the portal and related channels, including desktop, mobile, help desk, social media, and marketing/communications.
- Work with the client and team to strategically focus on content as a key part of the overall user experience
- Contribute to content strategy, language styleguides, and other materials for team and partner communications
- Write and edit accurate and concise content for web portal features
- Assist stakeholders in reviewing, refining, and approving content
- Incorporate user research into the content direction and editorial calendar
Required Skills & Experience:
- BA/BS in English, Journalism, Communications, Advertising, Creative Writing, Human Computer Interaction, or related field
- Content strategy, business analysis, or related experience and skills
- 5+ years of experience writing web and marketing content
- 5+ years of contracting experience; government experience desired
- Domain knowledge of Veteran’s and military benefits, or knowledge of a comparably complex domain
Additional Skills & Experience
At ICF International we have a passionate commitment to our work and to helping our clients achieve their objectives. We combine technical expertise with world-class analytics. We provide room for entrepreneurial thinking and grass-roots innovation to achieve compelling results for both our clients’ projects and our company. All our work is done in a professional, collegial, and intellectual environment that allows individuals the latitude they need to perform work that parallels their passions.
- Ability to creatively translate complex concepts into easy-to-understand content appropriate for target audiences
- Expert understanding of and advocacy for user experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to take a leadership role in working with business stakeholders at all levels
- Experience working with content management systems
- Experience working in an the Agile development environment a plus
- Experience with Axure software a plus
- Experience using Rational, JIRA, or other change management tool suites a plus
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF International is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/D/V
ICF International - 16 months ago
ICF International (NASDAQ:ICFI) provides professional services and technology solutions that deliver beneficial impact in areas critical to...