The City of Bloomington is seeking an individual to develop, administer, maintain, and provide training and strategic guidance for the City’s online communications efforts, including its external and internal websites, web applications, social media outlets, and related hardware and software. This includes working with Communications, I.S., and staff throughout the City to ensure clear and accurate online communications and to support the needs of constituents who interact with the City online.
Examples of Duties:
Web development and content management
Writing, design and graphics production
- Develop, design, administer and manage the day-to-day operation of the City’s external website.
- Provide tools for staff use in updating and maintaining web content (with a focus on simple-to-use yet robust content management tools).
- Serve as team leader and resource person for the City’s web content managers and content creators.
- Develop code, databases and related information as necessary to meet functionality objectives for the external website and related services.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and solve problems related to the City’s website and web applications, recommending solutions as needed.
- Administer various third-party online service systems that are integrated with external website.
- Research and deploy tools to improve and expand the City’s online services and capabilities in coordination with the Communications Administrator and I.S. staff.
- Provide content and support for the City’s intranet site.
Training and project management
- Create, edit and proof content and graphical elements for the City’s websites.
- Provide guidance, technical support, ideas and content to support the City’s social media campaigns and encourage citizen engagement.
- Monitor analytics data and general web industry trends, modifying the City’s online strategies as necessary in response to identified needs and trends.
- Prepare concise and well-organized documentation and reports as necessary. Convey information clearly in written communications and oral presentations.
- Train and advise City staff on the use of online systems, services, policies and content.
- Provide training to help City staff prepare informational source materials for use on the web. Educate City personnel about the uses and limitations of graphical and web formats.
- Assist staff in the resolution of technical issues relating to web development and graphic production.
- Partner with Communications and other staff to implement technology projects. Assist in the selection of web-based applications, tool and services as directed by the Communications Administrator.
- Report project status and resource expenditures on a regular basis or as required.
- Work with, configure and troubleshoot Macintosh and Windows operating systems.
- Establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with coworkers, supervisors, contractors and vendors.
- Provide outstanding customer service to internal and external customers.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Communications Administrator.
- An Associate’s degree in computer science, web design/development, communications, or a closely related field AND two years of professional experience developing and managing websites; OR four years of professional experience developing and managing websites will replace Associate’s degree.
- Proficiency with Adobe Dreamweaver, Photoshop and Acrobat; and Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple timelines and complete tasks efficiently.
- Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative and team-oriented environment.
- A Bachelor’s or advanced degree in computer science, web design/development, communications, or a closely related field.
- Experience developing mobile-friendly, responsive websites and web apps.
- Experience developing and maintaining websites for a governmental agency.
- Experience configuring and administering content management systems such as Drupal, Joomla!, WordPress, SharePoint, or similar.
- Experience with front-end and back-end web development, including the seamless integration of third party systems into a production website.
- Experience creating print layouts, illustrations and other graphic design specimens.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office suite software components not listed under minimum requirements above.
2013 Salary Range: $54,445.00 - $81,246.00
Anticipated Hiring Range: $55,000.00 - $62,000.00 D.O.Q.
City of Bloomington, MN - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard