Full-time position available in the Office of Public Relations. The Web Designer is responsible for helping to plan and implement the design, development, and support of the Asbury University web sites. The position offers guidance and assistance to administration, faculty, and staff as they seek the successful integration of academic and business goals and practices into the university’s web sites. This position is also responsible for identifying and implementing the technology tools which best address the web needs of the university. The Web Designer reports to the Director of Marketing and Communication.
- Work with the university’s Web Team to plan web design, content, and services for the university’s web sites.
- Design and implement the information architecture of the university’s web sites ensuring full functionality and ease of navigation.
- Manage the design of the university web sites, making sure that consistent look and feel is maintained.
- Design HTML and CSS templates and supporting graphics that are consistent with university’s design standards.
- Ensure that web site content and member communities are developed and supported according to the university’s strategic objectives.
- Liaison with all faculty and staff departments in order to effectively plan and support web-based services related to their and the university’s goals and objectives.
- Serve as expert consultant to faculty and staff on the development and maintenance of web content information.
- Notify the Director of Marketing in the event a web related problem is detected and assist in the analysis and resolution of the problem.
- Maintain a professional status in relevant fields of information technology through education, research, training, and technical organizations and publications.
- Accept other duties as assigned.
Council for Christian Colleges & Universities
- 2 years ago - save job