POSITION OVERVIEW: Emerald Exposition is looking for a highly intelligent in-house developer that enjoys finding solutions to complex problems and make user friendly for everyone. If you are passionate about building the backbone of great websites and web applications, there could be a spot in our growing development team for you.
The web developer is responsible for coding web pages and blogs for a variety of B2B e B2C websites companies (including e-commerce websites); therefore the ability to create and modify WordPress themes is essential.
- Understand both the front and back end of WordPress.
- Write PHP code.
- Work closely with: project managers, art directors, and marketing in order to develop new websites and maintain existing ones.
- Modify and customize plugins for our sites. Create new plugins, as necessary.
- Develop high performance, highly scalable, custom applications for the web (mostly WordPress).
- Support, extend and/or enhance existing code.
- Identify areas that can be automated/improved; deliver solutions from start to finish.
- Strong desire to continue improving skill sets and to stay current on the cutting edge of web development.
- Able to code pixel perfect responsive layouts from Photoshop Files
- Proficient with developing WordPress Themes and plugins
- Strong troubleshooting skills when plug-in conflicts occur
- Experience securing WordPress installs and user accounts
- Understand REST APIs and their integration into WordPress
- Write clean, well-documented code
- Work well in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-Starter, with strong time management skills.
- Able to work under tight deadlines with shifting priorities
ADDITIONAL SKILLS PREFERRED:
- Knowledge of domain registration, DNS settings and management
- Knowledge of setting up and maintaining WordPress servers
EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION: 4-6 years in Web DevelopmentMinimum of 2 years in custom development and/or plugin development for WordPress sitesBS in a computer-related field; computer science or equivalent
To Apply: Send a cover letter explaining how you qualify for the above position, your resume and your salary requirements.