Frontend Web Designer
Part tech start-up, part media analytics firm, we have big goals and are moving fast to accomplish them. We grew out of the Obama Campaign where we used individual-level data to improve our ability to buy the most valuable ads for the money. Though we were outspent, our ability to target our audience in a sophisticated way meant our dollars were better spent than the oppositions'.
We're bringing this methodology (and scrappiness!) to a broad array of client, who range from Fortune 500 consumer companies to political candidates and interest groups. And we have made some waves-- check out the New York Times Magazine profile of our approach: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/23/magazine/the-obama-campaigns-digital-masterminds-cash-in.html?pagewanted=all
We're looking for a talented designer to join our team to help move us forward. We want self-starters who will bring distinctive expertise but who are excited to step outside their comfort zone and learn new skills. If you’re eager to pick up new languages, paradigms, and technologies, we want to talk.
We have the privilege of being tasked with large, important and fun projects. Our small size means everyone has the opportunity to contribute to a project's bigger picture. Communication, humor, and humility pervade our team, but we love working with all kinds of people as long as you are passionate and hardworking.
Any of the following will really get us excited:
- Expert with Photoshop
- Strong UX/UI sensibilities and experiences
- Must have a portfolio and links to code samples
- Master's in Computer Science, Information Science, or a related field
- Expert frontend skills and user interface design knowledge
- Experience using D3 or other frontend data visualization libraries
- Experience working with large amounts of structured and unstructured data
- Familiarity with a statistical package such as R, Matlab, or SPSS