Aquilent is seeking a talented Web Designer to support a high profile Federal Government healthcare agency’s website.
- Establish and maintains the vision of the overall user graphical experience that may include illustrations.
- Provide for creative planning oversight on web and print projects.
- Elicit creative requirements based on customer desires.
- Identify documents, and reviews creative requirements for business architecture design.
- Develop creative visual design strategies for information technology project implementations.
- Present high-level creative strategies and visual design deliverables to lead clients.
- Create, update, provide oversight and review of design & graphic standards style guides and references.
- Create and/or updating documentation as necessary to support the upgrade (e.g., style guide, content creation guide, etc.)
- Develop new graphics, CSS, and templates
- Coordinate development or repurposing of content to support the new design and page layout.
- Perform design audits of the website and open tickets for defects found in JIRA as appropriate
- Work collaboratively with customer designer
- Eight (8) or more years of experience designing high-visibility Web sites for the Federal government including supervising and/or leading high-quality visual design deliverables, specifically related to website and multimedia interfaces including experience in graphic communications design specifically designing website and multimedia interfaces.
- Expertise in professional design & layout programs, including Adobe tools (all Creative Suite tools), Illustrator, InDesign, and Flash required (basic Flash design/coding skills); additional knowledge and experience with Fireworks and Dreamweaver desired.
- Thorough knowledge of how to apply Federal web design guidelines/standards (including usability, accessibility and Section 508 compliance) to user-interface development and site design required.
- Experience designing content management systems, ecommerce, and interactive web applications.
- Must have direct skills and experience in Web art production (file preparation/image slicing).
- Must have experience with site code development, such as HTML, CSS, and various standard scripting languages, as well as experience working with developers to translate designs from flat files into code.
- Experience in fast prototyping of sites and web applications a plus.
- Knowledge of branding and logo creation also desired.
- Must keep up with current design & technology trends as they relate to websites.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or design related field preferred involvement and software used in each project must be provided.