Web Designer |
-Full-time position available in the Office of Public Relations. The Web Designer is responsible for helping to plan and implement the design, development, and support of the Asbury University web sites. The position offers guidance and assistance to administration, faculty, and staff as they seek the successful integration of academic and business goals and practices into the university’s web sites. This position is also responsible for identifying and implementing the technology tools which best address the web needs of the university. The Web Designer reports to the Director of Marketing and Communication.
• Work with the university’s Web Team to plan web design, content, and services for the university’s web sites.
• Design and implement the information architecture of the university’s web sites ensuring full functionality and ease of navigation.
• Manage the design of the university web sites, making sure that consistent look and feel is maintained.
• Design HTML and CSS templates and supporting graphics that are consistent with university’s design standards.
• Ensure that web site content and member communities are developed and supported according to the university’s strategic objectives.
• Liaison with all faculty and staff departments in order to effectively plan and support web-based services related to their and the university’s goals and objectives.
• Serve as expert consultant to faculty and staff on the development and maintenance of web content information.
• Notify the Director of Marketing in the event a web related problem is detected and assist in the analysis and resolution of the problem.
• Maintain a professional status in relevant fields of information technology through education, research, training, and technical organizations and publications.
• Accept other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required; equivalent experience may substitute. Three to five years of professional web design experience needed. Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and in the creation and development of web-based applications and systems with programming tools (HTML, CSS, CMS). Experience with Adobe Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator, MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other general-purpose tools (FTP, multiple Internet browsers, etc.) is essential. Experience with Drupal content management platform is a plus. Strong skills in writing and editing are necessary. The ability to blend attractive design and high functionality in all projects, work independently while managing numerous jobs simultaneously, and build excellent relationships with on-campus constituents are crucial.
To apply, please submit signed employment application and resume to the Human Resources office.
Posted: 6/24/2013 Deadline: Until filled
Asbury University - 14 months ago
BlueGrass Integrated Communications
- 12 days ago
- 12 days ago
- 20 days ago