BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
This position is responsible for producing and managing Digital Creative material in CarMax’s NextGen stores. Their role is to utilize emerging technology to develop digital displays that help users find cars, understand CarMax equities and maintain a consistent CarMax brand image. This position reports directly to a Manager on the Interactive Creative team.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintaining Current and Future NextGen Digital Signage
• Work with IT Developers to troubleshoot existing digital store signage
• Work with image vendors to create and prepare artwork for use within CarMax’s digital store signage.
• Manage content using Content Management Systems, IT services and XML feeds.
• Maintain knowledge of emerging technology and creative trends by attending relevant conferences and continuous education courses
Collaboration with team members
2. Collaboration with team members
• Meet with Directors, Managers, Designers, and Copywriters to develop standards for Digital Store Signage that support CarMax Marketing objectives and goals. Active participation in team meetings and client meetings.
• Partner with Creative Manager, Creative Director and Clients to discuss interactive implementations, and incorporate feedback as necessary.
• Partner with other Marketing and Advertising team members to coordinate consistency across different mediums and to facilitate completion of projects within established schedules and guidelines.
3. Presentation to clients
• Present interactive solutions to clients and other vested stakeholders.
• Discuss and explain technology behind presented solutions.
• Incorporate client feedback and re-present as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to understand strategic goals and develop Interactive solutions to support them
• Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
• Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner while balancing time, multi-tasking and interruptions
• Ability to resolve customer service issues in a positive and professional manner
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Four year college degree (Fine Arts, Visual Arts, Marketing, Communication, Graphic Design) strongly preferred, but not required
• Two or more years of Interactive design experience in a Creative agency or in-house Web department
• Experience working with clients in a Creative environment
• Must be proficient in the use of Apple OS X and Microsoft Windows
• Portfolio presentation and review will be required
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through verbal, written, and non-verbal methods
• Basic visual communication and presentation skills
• Ability to comprehend and apply basic mathematics
• Ability to think logically and uses available resources to make good decisions
• Ability to solve problems, learn new software and discover process efficiencies
CarMax - 20 months ago