Cogo Labs is seeking a Web Designer to join our Interactive Services Team.
Like most employers that look for a “Web Designer,” we’re really looking for someone who has both design and development skills. That said, in this particular instance, we’re placing the emphasis firmly on the former. Are you an art-school grad looking to spend more time in the code editor? Talk to us.
ABOUT THE JOB:
- This is a web design position in the interactive services department. The role will involve designing (lots) and building (some) websites and HTML emails for new and growing businesses.
- Demonstrated excellence in graphic design. Maybe you have a BFA from a good design school, maybe you’ve learned by doing the job. The important thing is that you have an extensive and varied portfolio that you can show us.
- Strong User Experience fundamentals. For you, design is as much about effectively conveying information as it is about creating striking visuals. You’ll be using this knowledge to optimize conversion rates across a wide variety of situations, so having some marketing experience is also important.
- Experience working with Adobe tools: definitely Photoshop and Illustrator, and we won’t hold InDesign skills against you. Poor Flash. Nobody loves Flash anymore.
IT WOULD ALSO BE REALLY COOL IF YOU:
- Can speak intelligently about big, theoretical stuff. What IS visual design, in a world where everyone is seeing the thing on a different canvas? How do a visitor’s surroundings impact their experience of your work? Can that be quantified, predicted?
- Have some curiosity about the entrepreneurial world. Ever started a business? Ever thought about what goes into it?
- Have a couple of years worth of experience. This isn’t absolutely required, but only the very best student portfolios will be considered.
- Have ever taken a statistics class. We’re pretty much the biggest data-heads ever, so understanding phrases like “normal distribution” and “confidence interval” won’t hurt your chances.
ABOUT COGO LABS:
- We’re a venture accelerator. We employ data-driven, analytical methodologies to create profitable web businesses.
- Our work is challenging and fast-paced; our work environment is fun and supportive.
- Our company is profitable and established. This means “startup culture” without “startup anxiety.”
- We offer competitive salaries and benefits, plus an equity share that actually means something.
- Our employees have lives outside of work. We are musicians, athletes, filmmakers, gamers, authors, and whatever you are.
Cogo Labs - 28 days ago
Cogo Labs is the technology-driven incubator of some of the Boston area's fastest-growing web companies. Our proprietary technologies for...