As the primary nation-wide information sharing and collaboration network, The Homeland Security Information Network (HSIN) provides secure, encrypted information exchange over the Internet, is an umbrella for several specialized information exchange networks and services, and is a system of collaborative communication tools used in routine, daily functions for information sharing, collaboration, alerting and prevention in support of national critical infrastructure protection and threat mitigation.
The Web Designer will assist the HSIN Program Management and team in designing an updated web presence that enhances HSIN collaborative abilities using the latest technologies.
The Web Designer’s specific requirements may include:
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Management or related discipline.
- Support the HSIN program with web design, development and implementation.
- Assist in integration of Sharepoint environment into Web Design
- Develop recommendations for web tools to improve DHS web presence
- Maintain a consistent look and feel throughout all web properties
- Copy, edit and proofread all web content
- Keep current with emerging web technologies through relevant blogs, listservs, and events
- Assure web-based information is archived for future needs and reference
- Track and report on all site metrics
- Contribute to the top-level and detailed design of the website (or e-newsletter, etc.), with a particular focus on the ways in which the goals for the site and the needs of users can be met through the provision of appropriate content.
- Prepare textual content for websites (including feature articles, advertising copy, database content, links, FAQs, etc.).
- Design web forms.
- Prepare scripts for audio voiceovers, for downloading from the site or distribution as podcasts’.
- Specify the multimedia content needed to support or work alongside textual content.
- Locate and select appropriate, existing multimedia content, including still images, animations, music and video.
- Clear copyright for the use of any existing content.
- Assess overall website performance and make recommendations for improvement.
Experience and Certification : Experience working with web authoring languages such as C++, Java, XML, HTML, CGI, or ASP required. Good analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation, and testing of internet/intranet web sites. Excellent communication skills required to interact with team members and client.
Clearance: Candidate must be able to obtain Secret clearance.
Computer World Services - 19 months ago