Position Location: Gaslamp , San Diego, CA
Company Description: FanBox
FanBox is a dynamic social marketplace changing how contents, goods and services are distributed, consumed, and purchased on the internet. Content includes entertainment (i.e. videos & music), information (i.e. blogs on thousands of categories), auction for products (watches, purses, etc.), and services (i.e. dog-walking service or massage therapy). You can find out more about us here:
- Social Network
- Employees: 20
FanBox is a marketplace+ social network + banking engine --- all in the new social economy; you are able to make money for you and your favorite charitable cause. FanBox gives 1% of all content provider earnings to charitable causes chosen by the community, including funding orphanages, fighting illiteracy, and finding the cure to breast cancer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEK5iWres6E
Description: Web Designer
You will work closely and collaboratively with a cross-functional product, marketing, customer service and engineering team. We are interested in talented and motivated individuals excited about the potential of a next-generation social network. Our work environment inspires, challenges and offers our employees the opportunity to participate in developing a product that touches millions of users. The ideal candidate has experience in creating and following style guides, as well as strong understanding of HTML and CSS.
The ideal candidate will:
- Embrace the entreprenurial nature of a start-up
- Have a driven sense of ownership around the design process and user experience
- Has a can-do attitude, likes to succeed
- Ability to innovate and work to create best practices
- Bring passion to work each day and have the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Exude confidence in ability to resolve problems
- The chance to work on a team with a game changing social economy.
- Ability to provide millions of dollars in value to charitable causes and make a difference on this planet during your lifetime.
- Working with a world-class leadership team, as well as specialists across technology, design, program, and strategy who have unparalleled knowledge and understanding of the social networking domain.
- An opportunity to help grow and shape the company, to help take a product already built (and showing consumer demand) to market.
- Vibrant, youthful, fun company culture.
- Casual web 2.0 company in attire with a fierce fire to win, and obsessive focus on metrics.
FanBox - 18 months ago