JOB TITLE: Web Designer
DEPARTMENT: Creative Development
REPORTS TO (Title): Executive Director of User Experience
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Web Designer plans and creates various interactive design solutions for all aspects of our NxA and game-related online presence, including web sites, online campaigns, in-game services and events, mobile application, etc.
- Responsible for the creation of design solutions, from concept to final design, for all aspects of our NxA and game-related online presence, with a clear focus on designing, maintaining, and suggesting new opportunities for our static and dynamic web pages.
- Create and deliver visual layouts, graphic designs, style guides, wireframes, and product integration guidelines for multiple properties and on multiple platforms. Responsible for the production and repurposing of text/graphic/audio content on all our sites; create and deliver final art and files to be given to the Developer to meet appropriate deadlines.
- Provide design and technical consultation/expertise to creative and other teams during design phases: scope/planning, research, concept, prototyping, design, and web publishing; keep current on new trends in web, service, and interaction design and provide this knowledge to relevant teams.
- Ensure that design efforts and project schedules are clearly planned and communicated to other team members and stakeholders so project pipeline flows smoothly.
- Analyze and evaluate front-end designs for usability challenges; propose and implement effective design solutions and compelling interfaces for better user experience.
- Create clear communications for design rationales and specifications for other designers, developers, producers, etc. Make related presentations when applicable.
- Collaborate with members of creative, game, marketing, database, and other teams on the planning, development, and execution on a range of designs efforts including online advertising, web features for game properties and portal, assorted print collateral, and other deliverable assets.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
- 2 – 4 years website design experience
- Entertainment industry experience preferred, but not required
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required or equivalent experience
- Able to design web sites with multi-layered information and functionality
• Knowledge of user-interface and information architecture principles; including websites, intranets and online communities to support usability
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong project and time management skills
• Ability to manage multiple priorities
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Strong proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, web applications and wire-framing tools
• Familiar with visual effects and motion graphics software (e.g. Adobe Flash, After Effects and 3dsMax)
Nexon America - 11 months ago