WhatArmy is looking for a Web Designer with excellent technical skills, a keen eye for detail, and a desire to grow. You’ll be joining our projects team as we pick up steam and take on new & exciting clients.
If you are passionate about design, up on the latest web trends, and looking to work with a talented team at a young & hungry startup this is for you.
Working with the Creative Director you will assist the team with an array of design, content, and front-end tasks. At times, you will interact directly with our clients and developers.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Building sitemaps and developing content strategies
- Designing wireframes and mockups for responsive websites
- Performing quality control tasks on our development work
- Making CSS edits to improve design details
- Working with our clients to collect, organize, optimize, and upload web content
- Strong portfolio featuring examples of modern web design work
- A keen eye for detail and an understanding of layout, typography, and color theory
- Mastery with Adobe creative cloud products (primarily Photoshop and Illustrator)
- The ability to adapt and iterate designs at any stage based on feedback
- Experience managing web content on WordPress and other popular CMS platforms
- Strong knowledge of modern HTML & CSS
- Familiarity with responsive design principles & techniques
Not mandatory, but it's cool if you have any of these:
This is your chance to work on your passion and join a small, fun, and talented team as we grow our company. You will wear multiple hats and learn what startups are all about. There will always be room to grow, learn, and take on new and exciting responsiblities.
- Illustration skills
- An understanding of UX design
- Experience conducting user research or running usability tests
- Experience with modern prototyping tools (sketch, reflow, balsamiq, inVision, etc)
- Experience with any of the following languages or frameworks:
WhatArmy offers flexible hours. We balance our time between the Bedford office and our home offices. Our company runs in the cloud and we use cutting edge applications to manage all of our work and communication. We work our butts off but we enjoy what we do. We know how to have a good time and we value a healthy work/life balance.
We are considering part-time, contract, and full-time employees for this position.
WhatArmy - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard