Purpose of Position:
Quotit Corporation is seeking a full-time Web Applications Designer and Developer to create compelling visual layouts and intuitive navigations for our web applications and reports. You will collaborate with existing web and database development staff to improve the usability, usefulness and desirability of our web sites and reports.
• Developing websites, applying creative vision, adhering to corporate guidelines for style and tone; creating compelling visual layout and intuitive navigation
• Setting metrics and monitoring page designs to assess the usability of the web applications and reports
• Planning site design by clarifying goals, designing functionality, developing site navigation by categorizing content, creating and modifying images as required.
• Developing and upgrading site content and graphics
• Designing images and icons as needed; pro-actively making recommendations for changes. Maintaining site appearance by developing content and implementing Company standards
• Collaborate with development team members to investigate, evaluate and implement new technologies appropriate to our applications
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
• Proficiency with graphics and web editing software, ASP, .NET, HTML and CSS with at a minimum of 5 years of hand-coding experience focused upon designing and testing websites.
• Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Arts, Graphic Design, Multimedia Design, Computer Science or related field required (or additional work experience equivalent)
• A minimum of 5 years relevant web design experience being directly accountable for all aspects of graphic design, production, project planning and technical expertise
• Demonstrated design/web graphic design, web user interface design experience
• Demonstrated ability to visualize projects, develop and produce design from concept through completion
• Strong communication skills including writing and editing skills
• Ability to prioritize, plan, and complete multiple projects on-time while juggling priorities simultaneously and ability to meet/beat deadlines
• A thorough understanding of user-centered design principles and a great-eye for detail
• Passion for and understanding of design standards and developing brand guidelines
• Ability to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced dynamic environment
• Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server 2000 and T-SQL desirable
• Familiarity with Constant Contact
Word & Brown Companies - 10 months ago